PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 stickers for the rear

ThePharmacist08
04-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Im trying to find out where I can get the stickers that say TR6 for the back end of the car on both sides. Ive seen TR6 as well as the union jack flag. Really all i need is a picture of what the sticker looks like then I can have them cut by my friend with a diamond cutter. Anyone know where i can get a pair of these sstickers or have some pictures? Thanks, Mike.

swift6
04-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Most of the suppliers should carry those stickers. The Roadster Factory has them here (https://www.zeni.net/trf/miniTR6/index.php?menu=&page=38). Your looking for the "transfers" on page 38 of the TR6 mini web catalog in three different colors as well as the Union Jack version.

toysrrus
04-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Hi There Mike,

I believe Moss carries them as well.

What you should be aware of is this:

Up to and including `72; They had the script TR6:

From `72 till whenever; They had the union jack flag.

Regards, Russ

BJones
04-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Well, it is good to know I have the incorrect version on my 71. I guess the P.O. that restored my car didn't know, or decided to take creative license as he did on many other areas...

ThePharmacist08
04-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh no Russ that is bad news. Haha mines a 75 and i dont want the union jack. Maybe It will grow on me or i'll just pretend its a 71. Thanks for the info

BJones
04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
The next question is, how hard is it to remove the current sticker and replace with a new/correct one? It has been on there a few years

brian_79
04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
My FIL owned a body shop for 40 years. Tought me everything I know about body work. But not everything HE knows.

When he had to remove decals he used a heat gun on the lower setting and kept it moving. After it was warm a plastic scraper took teh decal off.

More recently I have read of a tool like Mother's buffing ball that shops use to remove stick on pinstripes.

Brosky
04-28-2008, 09:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Taught me everything I know about body work. But not everything HE knows.[/QUOTE]

I like that line, Brian.....I really like that line. :lol:

04-29-2008, 04:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Taught me everything I know about body work. But not everything HE knows.

I like that line, Brian.....I really like that line. :lol: [/QUOTE]

Kinda like, "He's forgotten more than I'll ever know."

kodanja
04-29-2008, 10:00 AM
years ago I had a bumper sticker on my GT6 that said

"All Parts Falling off This Car Are Made of the Finest British Workmanship"

anyone know where I can get another one of these?