PDA

View Full Version : Correct Colors for engine & Head?

Number_6
04-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Iím quite a way from it, but what is the correct colors for the engine block and head for a 61 TR3A? Iím guessing that the block should be black. What color should the Head be? Iíve seen it a painted dark blue in some places and in other times itís painted black. Anyone now what is correct?

Geo Hahn
04-27-2008, 02:40 PM
The TRA judging guide says all heads (and blocks) are painted black.

If oyu do not have this guide I can send you a PDF copy. A very interesting and useful document even if you are not trying for concours correct.

Tim Tucker
04-27-2008, 02:49 PM
If that's an open offer, I'll take you up on the PDF file. Would love to see the "rules".
May I post it to my website?
my site (https://www.tidentenn.com/cars/tr4.htm)
TIA,
Tim

Number_6
04-27-2008, 03:38 PM
The TRA judging guide says all heads (and blocks) are painted black.

If oyu do not have this guide I can send you a PDF copy. A very interesting and useful document even if you are not trying for concours correct.

Hi Geo, Thanks, PM sent. That will be very usefull going forward as I get more work done on the car. I'm not really doing a concours car but where ever possible I like to keep things as original as possible.

Brosky
04-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Ya know, there's a reason for the multi-color selection of engine paints!!

Just kidding, but with the color of the body on yours, the engine would look really good in Dupli-Color 1200 Degree Red Ceramic.

Clear coat will be optional.

2wrench
04-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Ya know, when a man knows what he likes......

Brosky
04-27-2008, 03:58 PM
OK, OK, I'll get off the red paint kick.

Number_6
04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Ya know, there's a reason for the multi-color selection of engine paints!!

Just kidding, but with the color of the body on yours, the engine would look really good in Dupli-Color 1200 Degree Red Ceramic.

Clear coat will be optional.
Red would look good but after all the red Erik used to painting your engine I'm not sure he has any left! :laugh:

martx-5
04-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, basic black. That works for me. I even painted the the whole body black. Anytime something needs paint, it's real easy. Frame, engine, body...everything is black...except the interior, I'm doing that RED. :laugh:

04-27-2008, 04:28 PM
My favorite color on a TR3. When I had mine (many moons ago) it was the same, Black outside and Red inside. I miss it.

Brosky
04-27-2008, 05:03 PM
If it wouldn't have cost me a home, the TR6 would be black. She loves her black Taurus, but no go on a black TR6.

For my dream car, all black TR4 with no bumpers, worked over engine and suspension sporting silver alloy wheels, with wide tires.

Someday I'll build one and park it next to the banana.

That engine will be red though!