PDA

View Full Version : Engine and Trans Are In!

martx-5
04-27-2008, 01:06 PM
I had my son come over this morning and we mated up the trans to the engine and proceeded to stuff both in the TR3 resto project. This is a nice milestone. Everything went really well, including the mounting of Herman's (HVDA) Toyota conversion. It all lined up beautifully and went in slick as greased lightning. We celebrated with a Sierra Pale Ale! :thumbsup:

Edit: Boy, that's a pretty lousey picture! :sick: Yeah, that's Dan Master's wiring laying all over the place. His harness is alot of work, but I impressed with the quality and thought that went into the kit. Besides, it's a great way to bond with the car and it's electrics.

Brosky
04-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Art,

I salute your efforts and offer a toast of a nice cup of hot tea to you and your son. It's rather cold and damp here, so I'm warming up reading the posts of the day.

And congratulations!!

How about a few more pictures from other angles?

martx-5
04-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Here's one from the front...

I'm embarassed, I didn't send Basil any subscription money yet, so I'm only allowed to post one pic at a time. I'll take care of that very soon. This place needs whatever support we can give Basil. It's just too good to see it go by the wayboards because some of us (like me) who use it all the time just didn't take the time to support it.

Edit: OK, done deal. I know have a subscription. :thumbsup:

Brosky
04-27-2008, 03:57 PM
No problem. It would be nice to see all who come here subscribed, but I'm sure they will as time goes on and they see the value here for the $$$.

That looks really good. Is that a Dan Masters harness? It looks like some nice heavy gauge wiring you have there.

martx-5
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I have the Dan Master's wiring harness. Most of the wires are 12 gauge. A couple of 14's that operate the relays, and 8 gauge for the alternator to the main feed. Nice stuff, properly sized, but alot of work. I'm taking it in small bites and am starting to see progress. :yesnod:

Brosky
04-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Best way to do it, Art. Get a few connectors hooked up and it will start to look like a running car again, then you'll begin to fly through it.

DNK
04-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Art, If I had to do it over again I might have put the kit in the boot

2wrench
04-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I am very impressed with the Toyota tranny conversion
and excited for you. Congratulations huge time!

About that harness, it's like if it must be.... but
can wait to go there.

Convinced the quality is top notch and you'll be happy
when done. Thanks for sharing and most especially
thanks for supporting the Forum.

Cheers,