PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 Roller Rockers

newmexTR3
04-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Hey All, just came across these on ebay:

https://tinyurl.com/6rcz89

https://i14.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/83/b3/0338_1_b.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Here is another innovative new product from our company. This is an Auction for a Brand-New set of Roller Rockers Arms. These roller rockers fit onto the your standard rocker shaft without any modifications to the original components. They have an a conservative 1 to 1.5 lift ratio that is slightly more aggressive than standard, yet more conservative than others available elsewhere. Ideal for fast road and race applications. You'll still have a smooth Idle, but with extra power when you put your foot down. What we love best about this product is the overall simplicity. These roller rockers reuse all of the original Triumph rocker hardware for a lifetime of quiet, trouble free life. Simply slide them onto the original shaft in place of the old ones. You reuse your original rocker shaft and tensioners. Valve clearance remains set to standard. There is a heavy duty bronze bushing in the center that couples with th rocker shaft and a hardened steel roller on the rocker tip. You can expect an appreciable power gain with far less valve clatter. Satisfaction guaranty! Lifetime Warranty against defect![/QUOTE]

Anyone know other companies who make these?

Are they worth the cost?

Cheers,
Gavin

JFS
04-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I intalled roller rockers on my TR3 from Cambridge in England more than ten years ago. They offer either the stock lift or 1.6 if I remember correctly. The Cambridge rockers come with new pedestals, rocker shaft and spacers -- a good improvement over the original design. They also have needle bearings instead of the bronze bushing. My son installed the bronze bushing type offered by a popular US supplier in his TR6 that became problematic when it immediately wore the included supposedly hardened rocker shaft; he has since replaced it with the Goodparts rollers. The Cambridge set is well made and works well, but I don't know about the current costs with the US$ vs Brit pound.

Tinkerman
04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Gavin, I tinkered with putting them in my engine. Heard stories about high oil consumption, after all was said and done I felt that the cost did not justify my putting them in. I will run the rascal hard but will not be doing vintage racing. I did however put in the solid spacers and larger pistons and sleeves. I also have a mild street grind on the cam.

FWIW, Tinkerman