PDA

View Full Version : Good quality lifters for most Triumphs, finally!!

Hap Waldrop
04-23-2008, 07:23 AM
This may have already been posted here, if so, I apologize. Gewtting good quailty lifters for use in the Triumph engine has long been a problem, so folks single handly test stock new lifters and hand pick the good, and at best they are at the low end of the hardness scale, other pay to have stock lifters nitrited, either way is expensive and a PITA. I use David Anton at APT for lifters on my MG stuff, and his CF-04 lifters are 60 Rcokwell C rated, and the right choice for billet and nitrite reground cams ( the only way to go with a cam these day anyway), but no one offered such a animal for the Triumphs, I seen a few feeble attempts, but nothing aspiring, well that has now all changed now. I build mostly MG engines, but do a few Triumphs and talking with David Anton the other day he informed me he now had made and is offering .800" Triumph chilled iron 60 Rockwell C lifters, the .800 lifters will fit all the Spitfires except the real early 1147s, all the TR4s, 6s, and many other triumph engines I'm not that all familar with. So call David at APT if you're market for some, this is very welcomed addition of quality parts for the Triumph community. A big thank you to David for coming to the rescue.

DNK
04-23-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info Hap. Seemed we did have conversations about this when we had a cam failure or 2 on the site.

PS-Eagerly awaiting my TR8 wheels

swift6
04-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Sounds like the same ones that Moss is now selling?

https://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=66149

RonMacPherson
04-23-2008, 12:19 PM
You might want to check with Elgin cams. Understand he is downsizing the shop. Evidently the city fathers don't like him in an area that is being "citified". I know he used to do a lot of nitriding and lifter prep work.

He is a man who knows his cams and valve train and air flow philosphy.

A lot of good information can be found just reviewing his website...

Hap Waldrop
04-24-2008, 07:26 AM
I think APT probably sells them well under $200, the MG/AH A-series chilled APT lifter sell for $119.00, so you can use that for a gauge, Triumph parts always seem to be a bit higher though.

DrEntropy
04-24-2008, 07:53 AM
*psst*! Hap... four more in a 'rumphy mill... :devilgrin:

Would seem the TR ones are only a couple bucks more'n the BMC/BL replacement types.

Hap Waldrop
04-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Forgive me, I live in a Four cylinder kinda world :smile:

MichaelG
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Could you post the contact info or WEB link for APT?

Thanks

MG