PDA

View Full Version : Rain Tires?

VelodromeRacer
04-01-2008, 09:19 PM
I haven't had much luck getting this question answered, any ideas from the forum?

Should I worry about rain tires? Can I worry about rain tires?
I have to run the Hoosier Street TD tires fir the Group 2 with VSCDA in my Bugeye but other than parking the car in rain, is there a tire to run that works decent in the wet?

Hap Waldrop
04-02-2008, 07:47 AM
I can't offer much help on picking a vintage rain tire, however all your normal vintage tire suppliers should be able to help with rain tires. Alot of vintage racers don't like driving in the rain, many just don't do it. I've not raced vintage as of yet, just SCCA, but crewed my fair share of vintage races. I always did well in the rain, won quite a few rain races, and really don't mind racing in the wet other then the inconveinence it causes the crew. My take on racing in the rain is, hey I paid my money, we're all on the same track, it's still a race.

aeronca65t
04-02-2008, 07:51 AM
~Toyo Proxes RA1s~ (https://www.edgeracing.com/tires/1856013/) that are unshaved.

Excellent for this purpose.

Some people won't race in the rain, but I think it's just part of the deal.....not as much fun as the dry, but better than sitting in the tow vehicle.

WhatsThatNoise
04-17-2008, 08:25 PM
+1 Nial :thumbsup: ....For a intermediate tyre.

Hoosier dirt stockers for the heavy rain.