PDA

View Full Version : October 5 - San Diego British Car Day

healeygal
02-15-2003, 04:42 AM
Sunday, October 5 is the 24th annual San Diego British Car Day at Fairbrook Farm in Bonsall, California, presented by the San Diego British Car Club Council and Home Town Buffet. The event runs from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This year's featured marque is the Mini.

See the website at www.sandiegobritishcarday.org (https://www.sandiegobritishcarday.org) for details.

Last year, over 400 little British cars gathered for the show on the polo field at Fairbrook Farm. Trophies were awarded for Best of Class, Best of Show, Best Beater and Furthest Distance Travelled (1,800 miles!)

Adding to the fun for several British Car Forum members from Orange County was a caravan to the event and the chance to meet other Forum members at the show (a Mini-Forum Get Together? images/icons/wink.gif )

[ 09-28-2003: Message edited by: healeygal ]</p>

healeygal
09-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Upcoming event, October 5

Bret
09-28-2003, 04:57 PM
One of our best events.

The San Diego MG Club is meeting about 8am and caravanning up. I think that about 100 MGs from all over was there last year.

Iíll driving my 78B up there, with my 4 year old daughter in tow. Look forward to seeing everybody.
graemlins/cheers.gif

Ralphanator
09-28-2003, 08:56 PM
I'm planning on driving down from Lake Forest!! Hope to meet some of the members here! images/icons/smile.gif

Bret
09-28-2003, 10:25 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ralphanator:
I'm planning on driving down from Lake Forest!! Hope to meet some of the members here! images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Gee Ralph,

Unless Iím mistaken (is there a closer Lake Forest I donít know about), isnít that up in northern California somewhere between Sacramento & Reno? Ifín thatís the case that little drive is in the realm of 600 miles one way.
images/icons/shocked.gif

Out of curiosity Ė what vehicle are you driveíin down to our little shindig?

graemlins/driving.gif

Ralphanator
09-28-2003, 11:01 PM
Bret I'm in Lake Forest O.C. which is between Irvine and Mission Viejo!

I'll be driving a 1974 1/2 TR6! I just bought it a few months ago!

Bret
09-28-2003, 11:49 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ralphanator:
Bret I'm in Lake Forest O.C. which is between Irvine and Mission Viejo!

I'll be driving a 1974 1/2 TR6! I just bought it a few months ago!<hr></blockquote>

Whew! Had me worried, seemed like a looong drive to me.

Lake Forest in Orange County, thatís right! I should have remembered that, I had a couple of customers (with a previous employer) up there.

Anyway TR6ís (outside of most MGs) are one of my favorites. Next to the hundred or so MGs that normally show-up, the Triumph folks are next largest Marque there.

Iíll look for ya there.
graemlins/cheers.gif

Ralphanator
09-30-2003, 11:59 PM
I'll be there!! Hope to see ya there!