PDA

View Full Version : Hello, hello, hello

roofman
03-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Is there anybody out there?
Wondering if anyone is ever on the mini forum?

racingenglishcars
03-15-2008, 07:16 PM
There aren't really too many that post here. I deal mostly with the spridget, but since the a-series is common to the two, I sometimes visit here, or watch the minifisity (or something like that) forum. They have a great tuning part.
I did also have three minis back in usa many years ago. A 61 850, 64 850 and a 66 1071 cooper.
I don't have too many pics, but here are a couple. The first is the 61, the second is the 66 in the back.
https://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x288/frogeye61/Links/MINI1.jpg
https://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x288/frogeye61/Links/BMC3.jpg

dklawson
03-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Roofman, it is slow on the Mini pages here. I routinely check and post here to any questions I can answer, but like Donn... I post on the other forums here (particularly the Spridget one) as the cars share so much in common.

There are more active Mini forums on the web but... frankly Basil doesn't want us (me) posting links or referencing them as it detracts from the Mini forum here. I respect his intentions and desire to grow the Mini forum on this board. Besides, you already have a membership on the most active Mini forum.

The activity on the Mini forum here comes in waves. The more questions you post here the more activity you'll see. I'm not currently involved in a restoration or major repair so I have few reasons to start threads but like many others... I'm happy to post to threads started by others.

Basil
03-15-2008, 10:35 PM
The Mini forum is one we need to get going for sure - I know we have lots of Mini owners here, we just need to get them chatting in THIS place.

Basil
03-15-2008, 10:35 PM
By the way roofman - I love the dash on your new Mini!

vagt6
03-16-2008, 09:01 AM
I always check the posts in here as I've always loved Minis. I drive a MINI, but not a Mini. Still love 'em.

There are a few MINI owners who post in the BCF, maybe if we new MINI owners post new MINI-related stuff, it may help the Mini Forum.

If anyone understands what I just said, please nod "yes". :yesnod:

roofman
03-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Ok, I won't give up on it yet. I hope one day this Mini forum will be as vibrant as the Triumph forum.

WayneGratiot
03-16-2008, 01:54 PM
I agree with all said above and hope that this MiniForum will get more popular. I found it thru Steve S. since I go on all of his British Car runs in the Malibu area and visit his local So Cal British car site a few times every day as I do here.

What also amazed me is that until I posted pics of my 67 Innocenti Mini Cooper, there were none in the Mini Gallery at all. That would help to get some more cars there too.

I'll try and participate more here in the future, but my expertise in Minis is still pretty limited and a lot of the topics here involved things of which I know very little. Always trying to learn more though.

Wayne

racingenglishcars
03-16-2008, 02:08 PM
I guess we have to face it. Though the Mini was a very desirable car, sales in the US weren't anything like in the UK. Even here in DK where the car was popular (and called the dog house) they are mostly all gone.
What's that have to do with the forum. The brits would in that case have an active one where a US based forum would be less active. But I sure hope this one does better. It's a wonderful forum and the people here are great.

bcliff
03-17-2008, 12:21 PM
As was pointed out, there are more active mini forums. I still like to post here, in hopes that this one will get busier. I like having all my forums in one place. Keep posting!
I'll bet you are having fun with the new toy.
Bruce, having fun with the old toys.

Silverghost
03-17-2008, 04:35 PM
I am here more often that I ought to admit.....shhh, don't tell my Boss! LoL I have pics and will post them as soon as I figure out how to put the print in the disk drive! Ok, ok, just kidding.....

If you look at the postings per thread, this forum actually falls somewhere in the 3/4 of the rankings. We may not be the most active, but we are also not the least active.

Let's be active members here and send links and emails to everyone we know about the forum. And carry fliers and cards to give out where ever we go. :smile:

Hedgehog
03-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Some of us have been digging snow for the last 3 months and haven't taken the time to post much. My restoration of the 67 Cooper S will start to take off in the next month or so. That means I'll be posting more questions to this forum along with a few progress pictures.

This forum should continue to grow with all the great Mini folks that come here. Just keep spreading the word to those that don't know about it yet.

Wingtip
03-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Ok, I won't give up on it yet. I hope one day this Mini forum will be as vibrant as the Triumph forum.

I recall when the Triumph forum wasn't nearly as active as today, so there is hope.