PDA

View Full Version : Off to it's new owner

roofman
03-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Well the TR6 is loaded and on it's way to it's new owner in Conneticut. New owner sounds like a great guy on the phone, and also owns an XKE! Out of my league but I digress.....
I have turned him on to the forum, so hopefully he joins the BCF party.
I will be over in the Mini forum a bit more starting next week after my suicide 1200 mile run from Oklahoma next week, and want to thank again everyone who has helped me over the years, I'll keep in touch to make sure jobster doesn't have a yak attack or something.
https://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/roofmeister/TR6load.jpg

Geo Hahn
03-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Triumphs (or any British cars) always go on the bottom.

hilsideser
03-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I missed your auction, what did it sell at?

Brosky
03-02-2008, 04:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Triumphs (or any British cars) always go on the bottom.[/QUOTE]

Any transport driver whose been around had better do that, judging from what these things can look like on the bottom end.

I'm sad that you sold it, but happy that it's coming to CT.

Kodanja, Tom and Bob....you guys listening?? New toy in town.

Tinster
03-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Good luck Roofman!! Keep hanging out with us
from time to time.

I gotta tell ya- if I had a TR6 as nice as yours,
someone would have " to pry the keys from my cold,
dead hands."

It must have been bittersweet to sell the car after so
much effort and $$ on your part.

d

roofman
03-02-2008, 07:33 PM
It was, but I will survive. After 5 Tr6's I just decided that there are a few other cars I want to own, so I am going to go for it. I just may end up with another 6 again some day.
The auction ended not hitting the reserve I had set, but 2 bidders contacted me within an hour wanting to know what I wanted and so I offered a 2nd chance offer to the higher of the 2 and he bought it. I did not make a killing, but got what I had into it. I also sold most of my never installed parts so I can't complain. The new owner is likely going to join the forum, so if he wants to tell you what he paid he can.

roofman
03-02-2008, 07:34 PM
It's going to New Town CT. ( at least that is his work city).

BryanC
03-02-2008, 07:39 PM
So does this mean you're going to Oklahoma to pick up the Mini and then drive it back?

Bryan

Mickey Richaud
03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Having sold the TR3 I restored a few years ago, in order to buy and restore my present toy, a TR8, I know the feelings of remorse, etc. However, I've had the opportunity to own and restore several cars, and until I find the "perfect" one (not EVER likely to happen), I'll keep enjoying them and passing them on.

For what it's worth, my advice is not to look back.

roofman
03-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Yes I am BryanC. The crazy roofman is flying to Oaklahoma on Wed. and driving a 1973 original mini back to South Carolina 1200 miles. It's a 54,000 mile car kept up well by a finatic owner so......... why the heck not. I will bring my video camera and credit card and we will see what the result is by Sat. I should take a poll: Am I
1 Stupid
2 Crazy
3 Insane
4. your kiding right?
5. All of the above.

BryanC
03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Actually, it sounds kinda cool. I used to live out that way and have made the drive from the east coast to Okla., Kansas and Texas a few times. I usually did it in a day and a half which made it a bit of a grind. If you have a little more time it could be more relaxed. I hope you have a good trip - I think it sounds like a nice adventure.

Bryan

roofman
03-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't have to be back to work until Monday so I have all kinds of time.

Brosky
03-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Well Roofy, I guess we're gonna know for sure if you like the Mini when you get back....

Drive carefully and be safe.

Films at 11 on Monday?

DNK
03-02-2008, 10:05 PM
You got to get by Mickey's and get the car blessed. Nothing will go wrong then

roofman
03-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Where does he live? I may need all the help I can get!

DNK
03-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm sure he'll pipe in if he's not on the way to dales.

14dna
03-02-2008, 10:49 PM
:savewave:
Roofman;
I posted in your other thread about driving cars home. Glad to see you've decided to make the leap of faith and go for it.
Mickey lives in Clarksville Tn.
Take lots of pictures, (you know we like pictures)

GOOD LUCK

:driving:

Dave

pa297pass
03-02-2008, 11:39 PM
I should take a poll: Am I
1 Stupid
2 Crazy
3 Insane
4. your kiding right?
5. All of the above.

That would be 2 ...

... can I go with you? :laugh:

Good luck on your trip!

Matt

2wrench
03-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Roof: Congrats on the sale, I think....

and hope to hear you 'round.

Best wishes in all reagards,

NutmegCT
03-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Roof - congrats on the new moneypit! oops - I meant investment!

When you first went to see it, did you get a chance to drive it for a couple hours? or just a "round the block"?

Tom

roofman
03-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Neither, it is a total leap of faith. The guy who owns it has a best friend who is a former British mechanic and still keeps the car up. It is driven regularly, and about 3 weeks ago he drove it to Texas and back a little over 400 miles round trip. It has a new tune up, oil change etc. and looks to be very well maintained. I have talked to the owner and the mechanic ( who still works at a Jaguar dealer) and they both say it should make it ( with the 35 year old car disclaimer) so.............

DNK
03-03-2008, 12:24 PM
https://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/roofmeister/TR6load.jpg

When my *8 was loaded on the transporter from TN.,the driver had to move around some cars and as the seller was driving the 8 on the truck the driver told him why the BMW looked funny. While he was parked someone let the air out of the trailer and the BMW was on the bottom. He wasn't very happy. The seller didn't tell me this until the car was safely in my garage.

jjbunn
03-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Triumphs (or any British cars) always go on the bottom.

My MGB GT went on the top when it was being transported off to Montana,

https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1316/1440091728_0e00cc8b82.jpg

although the trucker guy (Jimmy: in photo) told me that they can very easily move the cars between levels, which I thought was neat, and sounded like one of those tile games.