PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 ragtop allignment help

ichthos
03-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Hello,
The windshield, windshield frame, side windows, and soft top frame were not installed when I bought my TR6. After I made repairs, the windshield/frame and side windows were installed. The side windows are close to lining up with the windsheild frame, but I still have work to do. I have not installed the window scrapers that go to each door or the inside panels yet either. I recently repaired the soft top frame. I want to allign all the parts mentioned above (I will also be installing the top frame seals) before I actually intstall the soft top. My questions is can anyone give me any tips on where to start the process of lining up all these parts? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Kevin

Rickc
03-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Kevin
There seems to be a lot of chaps having alignment issues lately and mostly side windows alignment.
The simplest way of putting it is virtually everything that makes up a TR6 that could BE out of alignment for proper fit and finish, has the ability to be shifted in some mannner so as to get into alignment....after re-reading that that was not that simple:)
The door can be moved around, the window can be moved around, and finally the plate where the windscreen frame is mounted is adjustable.
When you wind up your windows the front edge of the window will start to come into contact with the window frame. The edge of the glass and the edge of the frame should be parallel to one another. If not then it could be either the windscreen frame is tiled too far back or too far forward. Or it could be the glass is not properly aligned. If both left and right widows mee the windscreen frame and are "out" the identical amount then adjust the windscreen frame via the 2 mounting brackets under the dash.

Rickc
03-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Kevin
There seems to be a lot of chaps having alignment issues lately and mostly side windows alignment.
The simplest way of putting it is virtually everything that is mounted onto a TR6 frame that could BE out of alignment for proper fit and finish, has the ability to be shifted in some manner so as to get into alignment....after re-reading that that was not that simple:)
The door can be moved around, the window can be moved around, and finally the plate where the windscreen frame is mounted is adjustable.
When you wind up your windows the front edge of the window will start to come into contact with the window frame. The edge of the glass and the edge of the frame should be parallel to one another. If not then it could be either the windscreen frame is tiled too far back or too far forward. Or it could be the glass is not properly aligned. If both left and right widows meet the windscreen frame and are "out" the identical amount then adjust the windscreen frame via the 2 mounting brackets under the dash.
Rickc "71 TR6