PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it

roofman
02-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Sold my TR6, it didn't quite make the reserve, but then sold after the auction w/ a second chance offer. The buyer also owns an XKE and I have turned him on to the forum. I in turn have purchased a 1973 Leyland Mini LHD with an awesome full webesto sunroof, and an even cooler wood dash. I will post pictures when I get it. The TR6 leaves in a couple days. I will go sit in it and go vroom, vroom one last time before it goes. I guess I will be hanging around in the mini section more from now on. But I'll be around.
I am humbled by the help, support, and encouragemant of all that have helped me over the past few years, as I know I've gained far more than I offered.
Thanks to all, this is a great site. With all the mini questions I will have I plan on getting that mini section a workout and will probably give this Triumph site a run for it's money on post count.

TR674
02-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Roofy
good luck with your new baby.......
I'll keep an eye on the Mini forum to see what you are upto.
Regards
Craig

John_Mc
02-26-2008, 07:43 PM
You'll be back! :devilgrin:

Brosky
02-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Just thought I'd ask, is the new owner going to be using those seats that you installed? If not, maybe we can work a deal before he picks it up...??

Just curious....

Gonna miss ya, Roofy! :savewave:

BIBBER
02-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Roofman....had my eye on it...recognized the photo...hope you came out OK...keep us posted on the Mini...I've been tempted on a couple but at 6'2" first project would have to be a seat rail extension....

roofman
02-27-2008, 07:27 AM
The seats stay with the car, sorry. I will definatley be around, as a 69 or 70 GT6+ is also on my bucket list.

billspit
02-27-2008, 08:28 AM
I cannot believe a fellow South Carolinian would sell such a nice TR6.

Where are you located and where was the picture of your 6 taken? ^^^^^

Silverghost
02-27-2008, 09:15 AM
I put a set of those seat extenders in my Mini - I am 6'1....and have to say I am truly impressed with what a difference that extra 1 1/2 - 2 inches made overall. Definitely worth doing and much more user friendly car!

roofman
02-27-2008, 11:23 AM
I live in Summerville, outside of Charelston a bit. The picture was taken in North Charelston. Some guy owns a auto repair place in a kindof industrial area on a major road named Dorchester road. This old gas station is just sitting there among a bunch of metal buildings. 1 day I drove by on a Sunday and a bunch of guys had old cars lined up taking pictures one at a time. I happened to have my camera that day and did the same on my way home. Obviously it's not period correct, but kind of neat anyway. The photo is in the BCF calender.

bcliff
02-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm sure some will question the sanity of going from A TR6 to a mini, but I would be the first to shake your hand. I recently sold my Herald and currently own no triumphs. My daily driver is a 66 Riley Elf (just a funny looking mini), and have grown to love the little cars. So much that I have just bought a 72 Mini 850 that has just arrived in Long Beach from New Zealand. I'm 6' tall and have no problems fitting in my Elf.
My son is probably 6'2", and also drives an Elf. He has seat extenders, and fits his car pretty well too. They are fantastic little cars, and so much fun to drive, it seems like it should be illegal. Enjoy yours!!
Bruce

Tinster
02-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Roofman!

Good Luck and keep us posted on developments over here.

Have a blast!

d

billspit
02-27-2008, 04:57 PM
I used to stay in the Hampton Inn on Dorchester Road when I came to Chucktown on projects. I don't get there any more because the place I work has a branch there.

I would love to find an old gas sttion like that and fix up for a guy place. Unfortunately most up here are gone or are in terrible condition.

roofman
02-27-2008, 05:37 PM
I get the impression he is a sign collector, and memoribilia buff, it's all cool stuff but different brands.

roofman
02-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Here is the dash photo from the Mini. It's really cool and the wood capping continues at the top of the doors. I am going to do something probably really insane, I am flying to Oaklahoma and driving it back 1200 miles to South Carolina.

DNK
02-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Make sure the AAA is up to date and have a great time. Be sure to keep a journal of the trip. Kind of a Lewis and Clark thing.

Might take the same amount of time.