PDA

View Full Version : a BCF moment!

bugimike
02-25-2008, 08:53 AM
I don't know how many of you attempted to watch the rained-out NASCAR debacle yesterday afternoon, but I had gathered at a friends "shed" with a few other guys to watch the race together with them. Amid all the "filler" and endless NASCARese talk by the commentators, they aired a "human interest" item about a parking-lot car show that one of the commentators (I am terrible with names!!) had attended. As I watched, I had to tell my buddies "Hey! That's Cars & Coffee!!! I get to view photo-reports of what shows up there ever Sunday on "BCF - my sports-car website!!" Then as we watched all the neat cars (many of which I was already so familiar with from here), such as that beautiful D-Type Jag, the camera pans past Cliffs Mini. Of course, I had to excitedly announce my familiarity with Cliff and his work etc. Everybody raised a toast and popped another beer!!! :cheers: :thumbsup:

equiprx
02-25-2008, 09:01 AM
That was Mike Joy, 'voice of NASCAR' and he was test driving a Calloway Corvette for a future special. I still don't know why he referred to the show as in 'an undisclosed location'. Waiting for the race to start was painful, but that's ol' mother nature for you. Race is to be continued this morning 1:00 PM eastern time.

Basil
02-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Cliff is now immortal!