PDA

View Full Version : TR4/4A TR4A For Sale

KVH
02-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Ebay: 230224010701

What do you think? Lot of work?

Could be nice after a "frame off".

Do the floors look like they've been replaced? Look at the link posted by the Owner--who seems quite honest.

Have a great driving weekend folks!

TR4nut
02-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I saw this one before - looks interesting, but you can definitely see work areas.

Passenger side sill looks like there is an issue (check out pic 9). Owner notes some patches, so I would expect some floorboard/sill issues.

Interesting to see a TR250 steering wheel on there (if I got that right). Makes me wonder if they put those on the last run of TR4as before they ended.

For the current price, though, it seems not bad, and the owner does appear as you say quite honest. I have no idea why he pointed bidders to the 6-pack website instead of this one though!

Randy

glemon
02-23-2008, 01:27 PM
That one caught my eye to, the car had that I never should have sold was a solid axle 4A, looks like a nice car to just cruise around in and not worry too much about dirt and stone chips.

That is intersting about the steering wheel, will have to check the production numbers, is that a late car?, might be as it is listed as a 68.

If the steering wheel is as original would be an intersting piece of Triumph archeology, if it not I want to contact the buyer and get it from my 250 and gladly pay him enough to source a proper one.

Geo Hahn
02-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Yikes -- saw the subject line and the poster and though you were selling your beautiful TR4A!

Reminds me of when our friend Ben sent me a link that his AC Ace was on eBay... was a back issue of a magazine with his car on the cover.

The floors (from the pic on the link) do look unnaturally smooth and repainted.

Twosheds
02-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Not too terribly far from me. I'll look at it for anyone interested.

Warning: I am a TR3 guy and don't know the TR4A that well.

Mickey Richaud
02-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Not too terribly far from me. I'll look at it for anyone interested.

Warning: I am a TR3 guy and don't know the TR4A that well.

If you know the 3, you know the 4!

KVH
02-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Sorry, Geo. You're right. I could've picked a better subject title.

You know, I don't think I could ever sell that car. It's in my dna. It's part of my past and my future.

I can rehearse pages from the owner's manual. I can smell the oil from fifty feet. Sitting in the driver's seat I can hear John Lennon's 'Imagine'.

Okay. I'll stop.