PDA

View Full Version : Block to machine shop yesterday

Brosky
02-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Let the games begin! Erik and I dropped the block, crank, rods & pistons at the machine shop last night.

WOW!! I was impressed with the shop and the owner. So was Erik. I think that I'll be happy with his work.

Here are some pictures of the shop and the machines for line boring and cam bearings, then the boring and decking machines and then the head grinder and other misc shots.

I asked Bob to take pictures for me of the entire process, especially the line & cylinder boring and cam bearing boring processes. I think that he may do some of the balancing as well along with the deck surfacing.

https://www.masonsracing.com/machineshop.htm

tomshobby
02-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Paul, none of that equipment looks used, you the first customer?? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Just kidding! Looks great anxious for you to have it finished and running!

Brosky
02-21-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm one of many Tom. There is some serious engine building that goes on in there. Note the dyno and it's setup room.

Bob does a lot of stock as well as racing engines. I just got lucky with my timing on getting in for a short lead time.

https://www.masonsracing.com/machineshop.htm

Now, I'm started to get excited and I haven't even retorqued the head from last years work. I hate to say it, but I probably should have done this then, but because I was in NO hurry, I found a spare engine practically overnight and the rest is history.

kodanja
02-21-2008, 09:08 PM
looks just like my garage....then I woke up!

Tinster
02-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Hey Paul,

Wow!!

That yellow, powder coated bench vice is really schweeeet!!
So is the red one.

Those two items alone would make me use that shop!

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

Best wishes,

d

tdskip
02-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Exciting Paul - keep us posted!

billspit
02-22-2008, 08:50 AM
That's the cleanest shop I've ever seen.

2wrench
02-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Wow, Paul, they not only have to be good, they have
to look good also!

Some very high standards, there, Paul.

I'm very excited for you.

gjh2007
02-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Paul:

Keep us posted on exactly what you are doing & approx costs. I also have a complete 250 engine that was supposidly rebuild sittng under my workbench.

Maybe your success will inspire me!