PDA

View Full Version : Does anything ever happen here??

Gary Lloyd
09-13-2003, 10:29 PM
My last post has been at the top for 4 days!! You guys should go to the MG board and see how it is supposed to work!! Come on guys!!!! Wake up!! images/icons/smile.gif

thegoodbeamer
09-14-2003, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gary Lloyd:
My last post has been at the top for 4 days!! You guys should go to the MG board and see how it is supposed to work!! Come on guys!!!! Wake up!! images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Hey Gary,
I'm awake.I wake up early.I stay awake all day which is usually a 17 hour day.Just for the sheer fun of it we reshingled one of my sons house Friday afternoon and Saturday.
What ever you do,don't retire.I had more time for my cars back then.Now I see all the things I didn't do to have that time.
Today is going to be a car thing day.Our club is having its regular meeting at one of the old timers farm.Just a short 40 miles from home.
Next week we must be in Saskatchewan to clean and finalize things.Also bringing back the old 50 Ford 1/2 ton we have had there for years.People already shot the glass as well as a couple of more bullet holes.I know it isn't a LBC but what the heck.
Another thing is I'm thinking sort of that I will be selling the 65 Tiger.An old guy like me with 4 married boys and the 9th granchild on its way is finding it hard to keep up all the 2 trucks,cadillac, motor home and 4 Sunbeams.I must be crazy thinking I will do the 50 Ford.
See how the time can go.I do participate in some of the other LBC related topics as well.That is if it seem interesting.

graemlins/canpatriot.gif coolgleam.gif And it is always sunny.

SilentUnicorn
09-14-2003, 06:48 PM
i only dream of owning a Tiger. Deep inside i am Maxwell Smart.....lol

Mark

DougR
09-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Hey, Buddy...Your shoe is ringing!

William
09-15-2003, 01:31 AM
Oh, Max, not the Cone Of Silence again!

Ed Wynne
09-15-2003, 12:44 PM
in a matter of seconds a complete NASCAR pit crew will decend on my car and swap out its engine in 22 minutes..

well.. how about, two competant mechanics, rebuild my suspension in two weeks.

Well Would you beleive, one redneck gas station attendant looking at my tiger and saying, "is that one of those thangs you build on a VW chassis"....

Ed
graemlins/lol.gif graemlins/lol.gif

Gary Lloyd
09-17-2003, 01:46 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by thegoodbeamer:

Hey Gary,
I'm awake.I wake up early.I stay awake all day which is usually a 17 hour day.Just for the sheer fun of it we reshingled one of my sons house Friday afternoon and Saturday.
What ever you do,don't retire.I had more time for my cars back then.Now I see all the things I didn't do to have that time.
Today is going to be a car thing day.Our club is having its regular meeting at one of the old timers farm.Just a short 40 miles from home.
Next week we must be in Saskatchewan to clean and finalize things.Also bringing back the old 50 Ford 1/2 ton we have had there for years.People already shot the glass as well as a couple of more bullet holes.I know it isn't a LBC but what the heck.
Another thing is I'm thinking sort of that I will be selling the 65 Tiger.An old guy like me with 4 married boys and the 9th granchild on its way is finding it hard to keep up all the 2 trucks,cadillac, motor home and 4 Sunbeams.I must be crazy thinking I will do the 50 Ford.
See how the time can go.I do participate in some of the other LBC related topics as well.That is if it seem interesting.

graemlins/canpatriot.gif coolgleam.gif And it is always sunny.<hr></blockquote>

Gary Lloyd
09-17-2003, 01:49 AM
Sorry!! I was trying to do the 'quote thing'!! OK!! Deliver the Tiger!! images/icons/grin.gif You are toooooo old!! images/icons/smile.gif Actually, I love all LBC's and any with an American V8!! How muchie?????? You guiys do need more action over here though!!!!!!

thegoodbeamer
09-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Gary.
I never said I was too old.I just meant I no longer can function on 4 hours sleep.
Yes I'm still thinking of selling the Tiger but then I think of a lot of things. graemlins/canpatriot.gif coolgleam.gif remember that every day is sunny.It just depends on how you see it.

Gary Lloyd
09-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Seriously, how much for the Tiger?? It would be going to a good home!! images/icons/smile.gif

09-20-2003, 08:37 PM
The reason Sunbeamers don't post very often is because we're out drivin' our cars, unlike OTHER English car owners who spend their time on line ordering & waiting for parts! images/icons/wink.gif

graemlins/driving.gif

Basil
09-20-2003, 08:53 PM
Actually the reason there is not more activity here is simple mathematics. There are less Sunbeam owners on the forum than MG owners. Give it time and it will grow. The rest of the Sunbeam drivers in the world will eventually find BCF and discover that this is the best forum for British cars on the internet (its hard to be humble images/icons/grin.gif ). Eventually, they too will be "assimilated" graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Basil

09-20-2003, 10:11 PM
I saw a tiger for sale today Gary graemlins/hammer.gif

Gary Lloyd
09-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Chuckie! I have brought a few things across the border!!! It will be a Canadian Tiger! Thanks though!! images/icons/grin.gif

09-23-2003, 10:26 PM
the guy wanted too much for the car anyway graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/canpatriot.gif graemlins/canpatriot.gif

Dave Russell
09-23-2003, 10:41 PM
Gary Lloyd,

I just posted a reply in Sunbeam. No problems.
D

tony barnhill
09-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Ditto, Dave...but then, I owned a Sunbeam once...restored it & sent it to a new home!

Gary Lloyd
09-23-2003, 11:38 PM
an!! I think the problem is with the Sunbeam owners!! They are shy!!! graemlins/cheers.gif Anyway, why are they so quiet???? images/icons/smile.gif

Basil
09-23-2003, 11:39 PM
I raced a Tiger once in highschool in my 67 EType (The Tan one you see at the top on my main forums page). Or should I say I watched in stunned amazement as it pulled away from me like I was standing still! images/icons/shocked.gif

Basil

Gary Lloyd
09-23-2003, 11:48 PM
How come I believe that???? images/icons/confused.gif The smll block Ford was one of the best and add that to a LBC what can I say???? We just need some activity in the Sunbeam forum!!! images/icons/grin.gif

Basil
09-24-2003, 03:12 AM
Ya'll need to tell all your Sunbeam friends about this really great forum called:
www.Sunbeamforum.com (https://www.sunbeamforum.com)

And also:

www.Tigerforum.com (https://www.Tigerforum.com)

graemlins/jester.gif

Gary Lloyd
10-03-2003, 12:18 AM
I can't believe this is still so close to the top!! Are you guys working on your cars tooo much?? If so, buy an MGB!!!

sunbeammadd
10-03-2003, 06:02 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gary Lloyd:
I can't believe this is still so close to the top!! Are you guys working on your cars tooo much?? If so, buy an MGB!!!<hr></blockquote>

Unlike MG's, nothing goes wrong with Sunbeams so we've got nothing to talk about!

images/icons/wink.gif

thegoodbeamer
10-03-2003, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sunbeammadd:
[QB]

Unlike MG's, nothing goes wrong with Sunbeams so we've got nothing to talk about!

I'll have to agree.Once they are set up it is only maintenance from then on.The 62 now has 132000 miles.I'm beginning to think I may have to do the clutch soon.The tiger hasn't been driven for a while but is so good.The Lister is now at 4000 miles.Since it is all sorted out
[there was a lot of teething problems,mostly heat] it is now great. What else can we say.

graemlins/canpatriot.gif coolgleam.gif and it is still sunny every day.