PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire Somebody in FL please save this Spitfire...

IanF
02-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Somebody who has a spare frame lieing about would be best...

(no other affiliation)

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=33586

kodanja
02-20-2008, 10:17 AM
wish I had the Time, space and $$$!!!

DNK
02-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Doc's got nothing to do down there

billspit
02-21-2008, 01:02 PM
I am one of the responders on that thread. I think it may be gone, but maybe not. A "rust free" car needs to be saved.

IanF
02-21-2008, 01:36 PM
I am one of the responders on that thread. I think it may be gone, but maybe not. A "rust free" car needs to be saved.

Yeah... saw that... I think if I had done something like that I would have just advertised it as a "tub and parts" for sael and hid the evidence [butchered frame]... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Dana_Duncan
03-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Well, I hope this doesn't get me banned for life after my first post but, I bought that car.

We drove up yesterday and just finish presure cleaning everything and stuffing it in the garage.

Dana

fad64b
03-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Way to go, Dana!!!!

Brosky
03-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Why would it get you banned? You didn't buy an MG while you were there, did you?

We're happy to have you here. Welcome to the Triumph Owners Paradise of Information.

Dana_Duncan
03-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks, no I didn't score an MG. Although my wife is a big fan of the A's.

The frame is beyond any sort of restoration so I'm going to fabricate some sort of IRS into it. The RX7 axle is nice but with the level of work needed to finish it I figure I can mount a complete sub frame, maybe a Miata. The presure sprayer reveals a lot of evils. There is some through rust is a few obscure spots and what isn't rusty is dented.

I just didn't want to upset anyone by not doing a restoration targeted toward originality. I know on the Factory Five forum we're usually suspicious of newcomers who join and immediately list parts for sale on their first post. So I'm kind of hoping to introduce myself and the project and get an idea of what items people might need before I start selling stuff.

Thanks for the welcome, Dana

Bob Claffie
03-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Nice to hear from a fellow FFR guy. As a former Spit owner I'll be keeping an eye out for your progress. These days I spend more time over on the AH forum. Like to spread myself around. Good luck, Bob