PDA

View Full Version : British Car Week



thegoodbeamer
05-31-2003, 09:16 AM
I was doing the driving for the British Car week and getting out there with the Lister.Well last night we went for a short drive of 50 miles round trip to get a burger and onion rings from one of the best A and Ws in the region.Half way there and I can hear something like a low whistle.Any way the car is running great so we just keep on going.Coming home I now know the rear bearing is suspect.To replace a bearing or do the whole axle is now the question.Actually we will do the whole works as I have a all new front end.There is always a good side to everything so my wife will get the 62 registered today.It has felt a bit jealous and now the Tiger will be roaring to get out as well.Oh such problems and I'll just have to be happy. graemlins/canpatriot.gif

Basil
08-21-2003, 02:21 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by thegoodbeamer:
&lt;snip&gt; Coming home I now know the rear bearing is suspect.To replace a bearing or do the whole axle is now the question.&lt;snip&gt;<hr></blockquote>

Any update? What did you end up doing?

Basil

thegoodbeamer
08-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Basil.
I see you do pour through all the forum.
I took it to one of the good shops that one must know.There are quite a few of them once you are in the loop.Actually it was in the differential as the axle bearings were like new.One day and 550 bucks.Performs as new.
Hope to be in Harrisburg PA Sept 24 to 28 for the Sunbeam United.Travelling Winnipeg through Chicago etc.This is not carved in stone but it
is looking as it will come to be. Supposed to be a liesurely trip going but a quick return as I hope to be here when Sherlock comes through October 2 and 3.
Haven't done much car wise this past while as we have been remodeling the house again.Problem is we just can't seem to leave it alone for too long. graemlins/canpatriot.gif

Basil
08-22-2003, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by thegoodbeamer:
Basil.
I see you do pour through all the forum.
I took it to one of the good shops that one must know.There are quite a few of them once you are in the loop.Actually it was in the differential as the axle bearings were like new.One day and 550 bucks.Performs as new.
Hope to be in Harrisburg PA Sept 24 to 28 for the Sunbeam United.Travelling Winnipeg through Chicago etc.This is not carved in stone but it
is looking as it will come to be. Supposed to be a liesurely trip going but a quick return as I hope to be here when Sherlock comes through October 2 and 3.
Haven't done much car wise this past while as we have been remodeling the house again.Problem is we just can't seem to leave it alone for too long. graemlins/canpatriot.gif <hr></blockquote>

Lol, I wouldn't exactly say I "pour" though the forum, but I do try to keep tabs on as much as I can. Glad to hear you got it sorted out! I am rebuilding the rear suspension on my Jag and have decided to leave the differential alone as it "looks" ok from visual inspection. I pray that I don't regret the decision.

Cheers,
Basil

thegoodbeamer
08-22-2003, 10:13 PM
Basil.
I wouldn't just trust a visual inspection.When I took the car in to the shop,I told Paul" he is the owner"that I just didn't want him to think it was OK but for him to know it was good.I think the money was well spent.He has done the motor home and my ford 1/2 ton.The time factor alone is something to consider as well as it was done perfect in the first place with out any doubts. graemlins/canpatriot.gif

Sherlock
08-23-2003, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Thegoodbeamer said ...Supposed to be a liesurely trip going but a quick return as I hope to be here when Sherlock comes through October 2 and 3...<hr></blockquote>

Sorry for rushing you... I didn't mean to, really... images/icons/grin.gif

Have a good trip anyway.

[ 08-23-2003: Message edited by: Sherlock ]</p>

thegoodbeamer
08-24-2003, 01:50 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sherlock:


Sorry for rushing you... I didn't mean to, really... images/icons/grin.gif

Have a good trip anyway.

[ 08-23-2003: Message edited by: Sherlock ]<hr></blockquote>

I sent you email a few minutes a go.You are not rushing me as I wanted to be home by then.