PDA

View Full Version : Harrington Lemans at our show last weekend

Twinkie
05-25-2003, 12:04 PM
Hi all, a co worker of my wife is renting a house with an owner of a Harrington Lemans coupe and she brought it out to the Brit car show last weekend. Beautiful car...
I have a picture of it with Dennis Gage(I think that's his name) of "My Classic Car" standing behind it. He interviewed the owner and the car will be shown on the program early next year.
If anyone would like the pic I could email it to them, or perhaps there's a way of posting it here?

Ron

Sherlock
05-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I think that's a rare one anywhere in the world, I've only seen pictures in magazines (likely like many of you), I recall seeing a project car for sale down in California a year or two ago.

Unfortunately I don't have any webspace to share with you.

aeronca65t
05-26-2003, 08:46 AM
Ron:

Send it to me and I can post it (click on my "member rating" to get to my e-mail or use:

nmccabe@ccm.edu

thegoodbeamer
05-26-2003, 09:45 AM
This car is also posted at [www.sunbeamalpine.org].There is a picture of this same car on this site.Yes they are rare.Ian Spencer also has Harringtons.
He also keeps that board running for free just like our Basil. graemlins/canpatriot.gif

Winston
05-29-2003, 12:50 PM
Hi Sunbeams!

I'm Triumph 67TR4A IRS and could not help but notice a "Harrington". Well I'm kinda curious since that is the family name and I know my paternal side came from Great Britain originally{Irish spelling and all}.

I've never heard of the Company and just wondered if,well you know maybe we were or are still in Great Britain and somehow had a hand in this apparently rare vehicle.

Winston

aeronca65t
05-30-2003, 03:30 AM
Harrington info here:

https://www.sunbeamalpine.org/alpine_evolution/harringtons/harringtons.html

William
05-30-2003, 02:49 PM
I've always liked the Harrington coupes. But then again I have a soft spot for the hardtop versions of classic roadsters (MGB GT and Coune GT, Harringtons, Dove GTR4 and Triumph Italia, E-Type coupe, various Alfas and Porsches, AC Aceca, I oculd go on!). WOuld love to own one!
-William