PDA

View Full Version : Who is driving today?

Tinster
02-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Me and the Mrs. getting ready to take Amos out for a spin
and run errands.

<span style="color: #CC0000">GOING TO PASS THRU 1200 MILES DRIVEN WITHOUT BREAKDOWN !!</span>

Who else is driving today and whatcha doing?

d /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

tomshobby
02-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Dale,

I could not be happier for you and Wendy!!

I remember when you were so determinedly working through the myriad of problems you faced and I was reporting the mileage marks I was reaching and telling you how great it would be. Now you are seeing for your self.

You and your Bride have a great drive today!

As for Shirley and I, 8" or more of the white stuff starting later today.

Tim Tucker
02-16-2008, 08:23 AM
The wife and I got the TR6 out yesterday...I hope to get both of the cars out today. IF the rain holds!
Tim

Brosky
02-16-2008, 08:57 AM
It's about 17 degrees right now. I'm driving my Taurus with the heat on. The TR6 will have to wait until it warms up a bit.

14dna
02-16-2008, 08:58 AM
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

What is this drive thing of which you speak?

Here we have so much snow, all we do is walk! HA HA

But hey, the dogs are happy.

Dave

Tim Tucker
02-16-2008, 09:07 AM
I would trade you for the snow (for a few days). Having been born in Colorado and lived Wyoming - I miss the snow from time to time...:)
Tim

14dna
02-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Tim; I always jest, but in Jan. Annie and I were in Pigeon Forge Tn and almost to a person, they asked about snow.
I could not enjoy a year where there weren't 4 distinct seasons, and the usual nuances of each.
Now if you want snow, drive to Detroit, turn right 2 1/2 hours and there I am, snow and all. Glad to have you come visit.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Dave

swift6
02-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Teaching a photo class to my local car club this morning. We should see temps in the high 40's, low 50's so there should be a good collection of LBC's there other than my TR8. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

tdskip
02-16-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm heading over to Cars and Coffee this AM, so I am!

https://carsandcoffee.info/main.html

jobster
02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
painted the rooms this morning, went off to install a new Bosch pump, and now of in 6 degrees C for a drive to see if things hold up. Lots of sun, not very warm. Fortunately the heater works (at least last time I used it......)

DougF
02-16-2008, 12:03 PM
It will be a while. We have the snow and cold temps, but there is too much salt down to even consider taking the car out.
It's ready to go at the turn of a key.

Brosky
02-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Job,

You guys ever get much snow in your area? I was in Amsterdam about a month ago and it was cold and damp, but they said they it doesn't snow much.

roofman
02-16-2008, 01:10 PM
ME, 72 degrees in sunny South Carolina.

kodanja
02-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Thats IT!~!!

I gotta move to somewhere warm!!!!

I just got my Retractable seatbelts in the mail today.
But it's still too darn cold to work in the garage!

Have I every mentioned I HATE THE COLD!!!!

DNK
02-16-2008, 03:55 PM
[quote=14dna]
...I could not enjoy a year where there weren't 4 distinct seasons, and the usual nuances of each.... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gifDave /quote]

Sounds like Seattle. We have 4

Light rain
Medium Light Rain
Light Medium Rain
Fog

kodanja
02-16-2008, 04:11 PM
or New England

"Bitter cold Winters" /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

"Pollend Alergies Spring" /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

"Blistering Hot & Humid Summers" /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

"Hay fever Fall" /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

We do get a few nice days a year to drive thou......lol /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

hondo402000
02-16-2008, 04:26 PM
I wish I was, 65 degrees and sunny in Charlotte NC, I got my rebuild shocks from Apple today, HD units, and installed the rear end is still out and waiting, 2 weeks to go so says John at quantum

Tinster
02-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Thats IT!~!!

I gotta move to somewhere warm!!!!
Have I every mentioned I HATE THE COLD!!!!

Wow!! I said that very same comment 15 years ago,
when we lived in Maryland. Took action and moved here
to the tropics. No regrets.

Me and the Mrs. took a late afternoon spin in the 69TR6,
down by the beach. A bright yellow TVR Tasmin was headed
toward us. I thought it was a TR7/8 until I looked it up.

Stopped by the biker bar to watch the surf and drink a cold
one. A really cool looking red Corvette pulled in and the
yougger guy took a few photos of Amos while his babe gabbed
on her cell phone. We chatted a bit- his Vette was also a
nicely restored 1969. Small world.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Today-Amos passed into working towards
1,300 miles without
a breakdown.</span>

d

jobster
02-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Job,

You guys ever get much snow in your area? I was in Amsterdam about a month ago and it was cold and damp, but they said they it doesn't snow much.

that's a pretty accurate description. Nevertheless, not much snow, and if it does the whole country is one big traffic jam. Probably the climate, the year I was born (1963) shows a lot a pictures of heaps of snow, and I can remember some real winters with ice-skating and snow and all. Anyway, given my frequent drives in an 35+ years old TR6 PI will melt any snow snow before it even hits the ground ..............

gsalt57tr3
02-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Been driving to work for the last 2 weeks now that the rain has stopped for a while.

Last Sunday a group of us went wine tasting, a pair each of TR3, TR6, and MGB. Most of us had the tops down in 65 degree weather.

I'm about to go on a grocery run, probably won't deviate from the 2 block trip by more than 10-20 miles...

TRMark
02-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I did! 50F in Billings, MT.

prb51
02-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Rain clouds cleared and now about 65. Supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow...I've been driving all week...all year actually and last too. I never put the car up.

kodanja
02-17-2008, 01:39 AM
thats it i'm movin ta PR and buying a classico restore from Pedro!!!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

that should take up some time and money!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/angel.gif

gsalt57tr3
02-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Always makes ya feel good.

While I was in the parking lot at the grocery store, a guy in a brand new Aston-Martin Vantage stops to tell me I got a nice car.

vivdownunder
02-17-2008, 05:48 AM
Well it's about 90 degrees here today in high summer and I'm off in the 3A to the Triumph Sports Owners State Concours. Beach Boys CD loaded, fuelled up, few light beers in the coolpak and life's pretty good really !.

Tim Tucker
02-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Dave,
Thanks for the invite to Canada..I may drive the TR6 up there some day. The Smokies is a beautiful place...I just dislike the commercialization. The English Auto Society has a car show in Townsend in the early Spring...FWIW.

I put ~40 miles on the TR6 yesterday. She ran very well. Sounds good on deceleration, responsive acceleration, and the car drives like the low miles I think she has. The needle valve on the rear carb stuck open again...and the compressed air/carb cleaner trick didn't fix it this time. Oh well, the carbs need attention since they are losing damper oil. I see where these ZS carbs have a throttle shaft seal. OK..I'm rambling. I should consider myself lucky that I was able to get a set of carbs that had set in a garage for 30 years to even function prior to a rebuild.

Enjoy your Triumphs!

Tim

Mickey Richaud
02-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Clarksville's got rain today, otherwise I'd have mine out.

But we need the rain to wash all the salt off the roads from the snow that didn't show up earlier in the week!

Tim - you going to Townsend in May?

https://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/blountbc/events.htm

Mickey

Brosky
02-17-2008, 09:03 AM
It's going up to a balmy 33 today. Maybe it will.

I may be tempted to get her out this afternoon. We had 2.5" of rain the other day, so the salt is all gone.

tomshobby
02-17-2008, 09:17 AM
It is 32 here! Been raining hard since the wee hours and supposed to change to snow around noon. Rain has been freezing and everything is covered in a growing coating of ice. Up to 12" of snow expected with blowing conditions. It is so slippery that we are not going out to get the paper if it has even been delivered. Would go through the snow but it is pretty deep.

Not top-down weather here! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nonod.gif

amcboy
02-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Got the TR out yesterday in the warmer weather...

Honey Snookums and I enjoyed the drive!

Went to the post office and took the recycling to the bins.

About 60 miles round trip. Saw exactly 5 other cars.

The miracle of living 1 hour past nowhere...

Then came home and cut firewood for the better part of the day.

Oh, and got the old school bus a running for its pre-spring thaw out.

And got in a great wreck on the ATV...

Head, Feet, Head, Feet, Head, Feet, Butt...

Bent the front rack and bruised my shoulder.

An excellent day indeed!

kodanja
02-17-2008, 10:51 AM
I'ts gunna be in the mid 50's here on Monday! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

I hope to at least get in a few miles if it dont rain!/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

Hopefully get my seatbelts installed too...

(Can't ya just smell spring in the air)
or is that oil!? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif
https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/KODANJA7/TR631-1.jpg

https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/KODANJA7/aaa4-1.jpg

Tim Tucker
02-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Mickey,
I believe I will going as an observer. I need to look at some of the finer points of TR6 (Especially the interior). I mis-spoke...it is the Blount British Car Club. The founder(s) of which broke off from the English Auto Society during the '80. My memory is fading...:)

I am just now starting to make some headway on the TRs. I finished building a separate 3 bay garage this spring after the TR6 was purchased. The TR6 still has some work do be done. Mainly the re-paint. The TR4 is what I call a rust free driver...that could use interior carpet and panels. It was painted right after I bought it in the early '80s.
Tim

AltaKnight
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/KODANJA7/TR631-1.jpg
Love that picture;
It sums up all that this hobby is about!

Mickey Richaud
02-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Mickey,
I believe I will going as an observer. I need to look at some of the finer points of TR6 (Especially the interior). I mis-spoke...it is the Blount British Car Club. The founder(s) of which broke off from the English Auto Society during the '80. My memory is fading...:)

I am just now starting to make some headway on the TRs. I finished building a separate 3 bay garage this spring after the TR6 was purchased. The TR6 still has some work do be done. Mainly the re-paint. The TR4 is what I call a rust free driver...that could use interior carpet and panels. It was painted right after I bought it in the early '80s.
Tim

Great! Hope to see you there.

And today the sun broke out, and it's 70 degrees!! Just got back from exercising the TR8. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

2wrench
02-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Envious.

Brosky
02-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Bill,

What do you mean, "if it don't rain????"

It's gonna pour again.

I'm giving up on the new engine and starting on an Ark.

kodanja
02-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Tomorrow: Cloudy and windy with periods of rain early. High 56F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph.

Tomorrow night: Decreasing cloudiness. Low 33F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.

Tuesday: Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. High 38F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph.

Brosky
02-17-2008, 08:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] rain early[/QUOTE]

You know that in New England, that means that it starts early in the morning and ends early the next morning. Especially on weekends!!

DNK
02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
I drove my Safari van to the parts store to try to get some speed bleeders for the 8. Need to get a part # from them

kodanja
02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Paul
I can dream can't I?
Dont rain on my parade...

chrisc
02-17-2008, 10:48 PM
A beautiful 72 degrees, severe clear day here in Houston today. Had the 8 out for a spin, pure top down bliss! Did not see another LBC at all. Quite a few other convertibles though.

Best time of the year to be on the Gulf Coast. We pay for it dearly starting about April through September (at least) with tough heat and humidity.

Chris

TR674
02-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Viv
it looks like you guys are in for some warm weather this week. We are having a cool spell, high 20C's this week.
My Lucas fuel pump loves the cool weather........I can put the packet of frozen peas back in the freezer, for the moment anyway.
Regards
Craig

amcboy
02-18-2008, 05:15 AM
Gonna drive the TR6 to work today...

Hafta dodge raindrops this morning, and snow flakes tonight.

Whee!

vivdownunder
02-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Craig, know what you mean. Had a 5. Always left the back trim panel off the fuel tank. On hot days coming home from work, when the Lucas pump started to squeal in traffic I'd dart into someone's front drive to water down a rag to wrap around and cool it.

Luckily no one came out and sooled the dog onto me.

Bosch conversion fixed all that drama.

Ciao,

Viv.

zblu
02-18-2008, 07:28 AM
TR674,
Better put the top up, gonna rain by about wednesday up here, and you only a few raindrops south of me

poolboy
02-18-2008, 05:56 PM
I sure did. We've had 2 days of frontal passages with torrents that were headed East. Interrupted the repair of the R/F differential mount. Got it welded up yesterday, pumpkin back in this AM. 50 degrees, blue skies, test drive down to Louisiana for fuel and back. No "pop", no vibrations, and a little less squat. Happy? Yes!

kodanja
02-18-2008, 06:49 PM
So much for the rain holding off!

"It's still better than snow"

Brosky
02-18-2008, 06:56 PM
I told ya! We'll be fine by June. I'm just sure of it, Bill!

kodanja
02-18-2008, 07:32 PM
I cant wait that long

TR674
02-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Viv & Z
my TR6 is going nowhere.....I went to start it this morning and the Lucas pump was quiet and a loud sparking sound coming from the engine bay. Battery voltage was below 11v. I just walked away.
Once I've calmed down I'll have a look tonight when I get home from work and try and solve yet another electrical problem.
Regards
Craig

DNK
02-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Looks Like Lucas /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif is vacationing down under

02-18-2008, 08:41 PM
For the first time in a long while I can actually say that I drove my car today. It was fun too...

TR674
02-18-2008, 08:44 PM
DNK
Lucas's spirit lives in my garage, he's not on vacation.....
Regards
Craig

DNK
02-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Timeshare... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

Dale
02-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Drove it with top up about 35 miles today. First to car wash and then to town and home again. Sun shining, but cool. Could probably have gone topless, but got lazy.

vivdownunder
02-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Hang in there Craig, everything stamped Lucas is fixable or replaceable. When and at what cost is always the puzzle.

Guess with the Prince of Darkness arcing up,(er,sorry) you didn't go on the joint WA TR Register/TSOA "fish and chip" run last Saturday.

For us, next weekend's gallop is a Sunday EMR through the inner northern foothills.

Cya,

Viv.

Tinster
02-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Could probably have gone topless.

That would raise some eyebrows here on the island!

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

Took Amos out for a short spin this morning. Nice
sunny day but very windy at 30+ knots

tinster

TR674
02-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Viv
you wouldn't believe this...........then again you probably would. When I got home last night I put the key in the ignition, turned it on and the fuel pump purred in the boot and the B...... fired up and ran smoothly. No evil electrical arcing noises. She does this to get my blood pressure up.
I am a member of TOSA WA, but have not been on a run for a while.
Regards
Craig