PDA

View Full Version : KILLER CHROME

R&M
02-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I purchased the "Killer Chrome" kit to use on my fiberglass bumpers from PRI.
Does anyone have any experience with this product. If so do you have any comments. I can't wait to get those big black rubber baby buggy bumpers of my 79 Spitty.

Thanks

R&M

martx-5
02-15-2008, 04:53 PM
This is something I might be interested in for my TR3 windscreen stanchions. I won't have the windscreen on that often, but the shape that they are in, any help they get would be better then what they are now. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Russ Austin
02-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Wow pretty cool, for some items it may be the way to go. I have the drip edge for my hardtop to do. Keeps us update on how it go's

DNK
02-15-2008, 08:16 PM
What about the faded rubber bumpers on the 7's and 8's. They got anything to bring those back?

TR4
02-16-2008, 07:21 AM
My nephew painted an MGB bumper with "black bumper paint" and it turned out really nice. I'm not sure where he got it. His Dad ran a car dealership so they have great resources for supplies. Check with Autozone or the like to see what is offered there.

NutmegCT
02-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Just my 2 - back when I had a '76 MG I was told by "those in the know" to use old fashioned black shoe polish on the old bumper - rub on, polish to a shine.

Was much less expensive than special bumper paint. After four years it's still dark black and shiny.

It worked *great* /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

T.

Popeye
02-16-2008, 11:41 AM
My nephew painted an MGB bumper with "black bumper paint"

Griot's garage sells some... I have some on plastic on a volvo for about a year, still looks goon. No interest in griot's, just passing on my experience.

Geo Hahn
02-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Wandered a bit off topic here. The product asked about was:

https://www.amazon.com/Killer-Chrome-Cans-400-ml/dp/B000T91O2K

Okay, this stuff sounds too good to be true and we know what that often means. I, too, would like to hear of any results someone has personally had.

R&M
02-18-2008, 08:50 AM
I will let you know how it works once I try it on the fiber glass bumbers. Worse comes to worse i sand them down and go to vacuum metalizing.
Regards,

R&M

toysrrus
02-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi Nutmeg,

I was just driving thru /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif & wondering how do you get the cent sign behind the #2 /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

What am I missing here?

Thanx, Russ

angelfj1
02-18-2008, 10:07 AM
No experience with thisproduct,but "chrome" powder coating is another option. This would first require that the bumpers be "painted" with a conductivecoating.

check this out:

Webb
02-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Looks alright to me. The price would play a big factor in my decision. Probably wouldn't mind paying a little more for real chrome, but if it's significantly cheaper, I'd probably go for powder coating.

John Loftus
02-18-2008, 05:05 PM
I have used a few products from Alsa Corp with good results. Haven't used the Killer Chrome yet but the website has application information and videos/pictures showing the process and results. It does need to be painted over high gloss black and clear coated afterwards.

killer chrome (https://www.alsacorp.com/products/killercans/kc/killerchrome.htm#application)