PDA

View Full Version : I Got It, I Got It!

Tinkerman
02-14-2008, 04:21 PM
My Heritage Trust, Certified Copy of a Factory Record came in Yesterday!

Relly pleased to get it. No real suprises. Signal Red, Black Leather Trim but with a White Top. That did kind of suprise me.

Dealer was in Pensacola, FL

No overdrive.

YEA, Tinkerman

DougF
02-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Congratulations! They are fun to look at. You can never tell if the car was sold with a white top though, since the dealer could have swapped it out.
The dealer that sold my car changed so many things, I'm surprised they didn't put an Austin Healey badge on it.

NutmegCT
02-14-2008, 05:59 PM
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/iagree.gif

My 1959 TR3A was originally an Austin Healey 3000. But substantially modified by the dealer prior to delivery.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

T.

DNK
02-14-2008, 06:50 PM
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/iagree.gif... But substantially modified by the dealer prior to delivery./bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gifT.

So was mine. It came to shore as an MG /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

CraigLandrum
02-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Hey Tinkerman, when did you order your cert? Iordered mine back on Jan 1 and have not received it yet...

Tinkerman
02-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi Craig:
I ordered mine on the internet and used a credit card, on 1/24/2008. I was kind of supprised that I got it so fast.
Tinkerman

Don Elliott
02-14-2008, 09:31 PM
When I ordered my TR3A in the spring of 1958, I asked for BRG with a red interior. The dealer here in Montreal (1 of 4 S-T dealers) told me that would have to be a special order and it could take a few months. A week later he said he had found one that was BRG with a fawn (tan) interior but since it didn't have an overdrive, I didn't want it. Another week passed and he called to say he had a black TR3A with red interior and overdrive. "I'LL TAKE IT !". I replied without a seconds delay. That's why my car is black today and not BRG.

It was assembled in Canley, Coventry (read "born") between 2:30 and 4:30 PM on Friday February 14th, 1958.

We are celebrating TRusty's 50th birthday today. St. Valentine's Day - I find that most appropriate.

Don Elliott, Original Owner - and still only 20 years old.

DougF
02-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Happy Birthday. Mine celebrates it's 48th on March 10th. I'll have to celebrate by tearing it down for restoration.

NickMorgan
02-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Congratulations to you and TRusty. What a great story owning the car from new. Here's to the next 50 years!!

TexasKnucklehead
02-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I was so excited when mine came for my 1958 TR3.

Now I think it's kind of funny. I have a Vin number that was incorrectly put on a replacement VIN plate, and onto a car that the body is newer than the VIN, and about as new as the replaced motor and transmission. The original color of the body seems correct (even though the body isn't) and most other bolt-ons were missing. It's birthday is in a few weeks, but I can't point to any part on the car, and say "that is 50 years old today". But I still love looking at the certificate telling me exactly what I have.

And I will celebrate that birthday.

Jer

Tinkerman
02-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Way to go Jer! Tell us when it is and we will help you celebrate!

Gotta love the forum, heh.

Tinkerman

MNewton
03-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Imagine getting the certificate in the mail and finding out that the TR6 was built on my 17th birthday!

Mike

Tinkerman
03-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Thats really kind of cool. Did you even know what a TR-6 was on your 17th birthday? They hadn't started building them on my 17th birthday, heh.

Tinkerman