PDA

View Full Version : Glove box door

pmenhusen
02-12-2003, 06:59 PM
What's the story on the glove box door? Some Alpines have no gove box opening at all, some have a doorless glove box, and some have a box with a door(I've only seen these on the wooden dashes).

Tiger
02-13-2003, 10:28 AM
I've never seen a Tiger or "series" Alpine with a factory glove box door. Mine Tiger has one, but as part of an aftermarket dash (oops, fascia images/icons/grin.gif )

graemlins/england.gif

thegoodbeamer
02-13-2003, 10:58 AM
That is right.They never had a glove box door.If you are making up a wood dash it is easily done.Veneering the edge of the door will eliminate excess spacing when you made the cut.I have done two and they work nice.Hinges are easy to come by.Yuo can use either a pressure release or a simple magnetic catch.
I'm sure one could fit a door into the existing dash if one took a bit of time to consider how to mount it.

Tiger
02-13-2003, 11:23 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by thegoodbeamer:
simple magnetic catch.<hr></blockquote>

The problem for us V8 guys is, of course, stomping on the loud pedal and the box's contents' intertia propels it past the resistance of the magnet and all over the passenger's lap.

graemlins/patriot.gif graemlins/england.gif graemlins/patriot.gif graemlins/england.gif

Basil
02-13-2003, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tiger:

The problem for us V8 guys is, of course, stomping on the loud pedal and the box's contents' intertia propels it past the resistance of the magnet and all over the passenger's lap.

graemlins/patriot.gif graemlins/england.gif graemlins/patriot.gif graemlins/england.gif <hr></blockquote>

What a horrible problem to have! Does your passenger get to keep whatever falls into their lap graemlins/crazy.gif

PS: When I was in HS I drove a 67 EType Jag (The Tan one I use for a logo here). A Tiger once b;ew my doors off on I-70 (I thought it was just some harmless little 4-banger).

Tiger
02-13-2003, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Basil:
What a horrible problem to have! Does your passenger get to keep whatever falls into their lap graemlins/crazy.gif .<hr></blockquote>

Actually, to be honest, it's better than the alternative. The car's 1950's aerodynamics being what they are, draft control in the cockpit is poor, and with no door, any paper left in the glove box will end up on the floor -- or the street!

thegoodbeamer
02-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Hey guys
Thats why they put the console in with a lid that even locked.I guess Lord Rootes must have lost his paper when he drove the Shelby prototype at 100 plus.He did have the top down. graemlins/canpatriot.gif images/icons/cool.gif And I think I 'll go skiing this weekend.