PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR-6 Question

Scot
02-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey Guys,
I lurk mostly over in the Austin-Healey forum since I have owned a BJ8 for the last 7 years. But before that I was a TR-6 owner,I love the car and always will(had a 73'that was BRG.).
My question concerns what I think is a lack of TR-6's on the market. I live here in Seattle and there used to be many for sale in the local paper almost every day!Now there have been no cars for many months! I always check the for the British cars.Is this true in other parts of the country or because the cars have increased in value do you think people are just hanging on to them longer?

BryanC
02-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Maybe they just don't advertise TR6s in local papers any more. eBay, Hemmings, etc. always seem to have some for sale.

Bryan

Paul Johnson
02-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Well, I'm only one example, but was planning to sell the TR6 to try another flavor. The real selling prices though do not seem to be any higher than they were seven or so years ago. I've seen VW prices run up recently, and certainly TR6 asking prices, but have seen no evidence on forums that people are actually getting that short of a frame off restoration. In my case I'll just enjoy it a little bit longer.

roofman
02-11-2008, 02:58 PM
There are so many more places to advertise now than a few years ago that you would almost be lucky to find one in your local paper. Getting a nationwide audience when selling a classic car is now so easy, and neccasary to get your car out to largest number the buyers that the local paper seems like a waste.

02-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Prolly 'cause there are no TR6s left in Seattle, they all rusted away with the rain.

Actually, a friend from New Orleans sold his restored TR6 last year for $22K. He bought it for $17K 4 years before. Nice car. It was trucked to Phoenix. He advertised nationally on various LBC forums.

DNK
02-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Prolly 'cause there are no TR6s left in Seattle, they all rusted away with the rain.
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif