PDA

View Full Version : weber carbs

rjc157
02-10-2008, 09:32 AM
anyone know anything about the new weber conversion thats out there

Geo Hahn
02-10-2008, 07:13 PM
You might want to indicate what car/engine this is for since your profile says you have a Healey. A link to the kit you reference (if available) might also help.

Banjo
02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Personally I much prefer the original SUs or Zenith Strombergs to the replacement Webers, unless you're working on somthing like a late 70s midget with that smogged up nightmare of a 1500 spitfire engine in it(AKA the Spitfidget). I diden't care for that carb AT ALL!

rjc157
02-11-2008, 05:16 PM
sorry for the confusion its for a tr6 there is a new conversion kit does anyone have the article from classic motor sports it was around jan or feb of last year

JKB1957
02-11-2008, 05:40 PM
I beleive Classic Motorsports had a recent article on tuning a TR6 which included a switch to the new Weber carbs. These are single choke, rather then the double choke carbs. For me I think an old sportscar should look the part, as well as drive. In this respect, to me, the new Weber carbs just don't look right. If it were mine I'd go with SU's or Weber DCOE's. Probably more money, and won't run as well without a lot of fettling, but they do have the classic look. Good luck.

eschneider
02-11-2008, 05:54 PM
if you're really interested in webers:

- check out piercemanifold.com
- if you're not familiar with carburetion, it would probably be worth the money to find someone who is once you get them bolted on.

martx-5
02-11-2008, 06:18 PM
We had a Weber distributor stop by at one of our Triumph club meetings showing us the new carb. As mentioned earlier, it is a single choke. It looks like a DCOE that they whacked in half. I really don't think it has anything over a ZS or SU. If I had a TR6, I'd opt for the Good Parts triple ZS manifold set-up using SU carbs.

DrEntropy
02-11-2008, 06:51 PM
If ya don't go DCOE's (and want the attendant foolishness of jet juggling and suchlike) the SU setups are the BEST bet.