PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Mirrors

pmenhusen
05-14-2002, 01:51 PM
What (if any) would be the correct exterior rear view mirror for my US-spec '63 Alpine? I have seen some with no mirror, some with a flat mirror on a gooseneck, and some with a funnel shaped mirror. I have also seen some with the mirrors on the fenders, which I suspect is the Euro-spec configuration. Are there any US regulations on rear-view mirrors, or is my '63 grand-fathered, or is this state-by-state? If state specific, does anyone know the rules for Kansas?

Tiger
05-15-2002, 10:30 AM
IIRC, the side mirrors (I'm presuming Alpines were like Tigers in this regard) were installed at the dealer level, which is why no two are in the same place on 'Beams I see at events.

I have Talbot bullet ("funnel" to you) mirrors on my Tiger, out on the fender. No evidence of closed-over holes in the door when I stripped it for painting, implying that the fender mount was "original" on my car. BTW, from a utilitarian standpoint, I'm not sure I'd recommend fender mirrors.

graemlins/savewave.gif

Frank
05-24-2002, 01:23 PM
More on mirrors.. Thanks for the knowledge Tiger... I have not seen many tigers.. but suspected the dealer installed aspect.. Just for curiosity's sake.. would you say more or less than 20% of the tigers you have seen have dual side mirror.. (and yes I mean one on each smile...)

Tiger
05-28-2002, 08:52 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Frank:
[QB would you say more or less than 20% of the tigers you have seen have dual side mirror[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

More -- much more -- than 20%. OTOH, I cannot say what % of that group is original, or mirrors added later.