PDA

View Full Version : MiniMeet 2004....who's going?

Xracer
05-03-2004, 07:49 AM
https://www.minimeet2004.com/

OK Mini/MINI owners and Mini/MINI lovers....who's going?

Steve
05-03-2004, 08:29 AM
I am planning on being there.

Bruce Bowker
05-03-2004, 09:06 PM
I would be in seventh heaven if I could get to a Mini meet but have to wait for one within driving distance. I am sure the Mini would make it. Just not sure I would. images/icons/grin.gif

Next time one is nearer the northeast (NJ) let me know.

mongoose
05-04-2004, 03:45 AM
I'm driving my '60 down there, along with my dad driving his '03.

rovernut
05-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Can,t go to the meet ..........I,m a Rover owner looking for one of those VTEC 245 hp Minis LOL Does anyone know how to get the music though from the website.........From the original Italian Job........One of my favourite movies
Bill Robertson

Xracer
05-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Rovernut......I don't know anything about downloading music....can you do it from here?

https://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/Wowbagger/

......or here?

https://www.frostnet.co.uk/indexm-italianjob.htm

Steve & Mongoose....be sure to come over and visit the MMPEAPSHA group. We'll all be parking together and will have a sign up.

Heck, I'll even sign up you for the club....it's FREE! (And we even accept Cheesheads) images/icons/grin.gif

[ 05-05-2004: Message edited by: Xracer ]</p>

rovernut
05-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Many thanks for the info.........The sound byte on the web site only had a second.........Didn,t work right but great site i,d never seen

Xracer
05-15-2004, 01:35 PM
OK....how about it. Any other of you Mini/MINI owners or enthusiasts goin' to MiniMeet 2004?

_Inwind_
05-19-2004, 09:24 AM
WE are thinking about it. We have a 1974 and It only has 3500 on the clock. But this may be a worth while tripp for it!! We will be comming from Florida.. any others from the south like to hook up and carovan it?? I think that would be a blast to have a line of minis on the road!

Sherlock
05-19-2004, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Inwind said: WE are thinking about it. We have a 1974 and It only has 3500 on the clock. But this may be a worth while tripp for it!! We will be comming from Florida.. any others from the south like to hook up and carovan it?? I think that would be a blast to have a line of minis on the road!

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on where in Florida you are at there is an excellent Mini club called FLAME (if I got that name right), a web search should find it I think, I believe some on this forum may also know about them. I've heard many great things about this club and it wouldn't surprise me if some from that group head up to that meet.

Bruce Bowker
05-19-2004, 03:05 PM
FLAME
Florida Mini Enthusiasts Club (FLAME)
PO Box 811
Windermere, FL
407-876-6360
E-mail: mpriest@intersrv.com

Xracer
06-22-2004, 10:17 AM
OK guys...I'll be at MiniMeet 2004 at Rockford, IL, June 29th thru July 2nd.

Gonna be hundreds of Minis/MINIs from all over the country......

We have a convoy of Minis/MINIs leaving from the Twin Cities of Mini-Sota on the morning of the 29th. If you see us driving down Interstate 94, feel free to join in.

For those of you who are going, look for the table with the MMPEAPSHA (Mini-Sota Minis, Pizza Eating And Psychiatric Self-Help Association) sign and stop over and say hello. Ask for Jim Baumann.

Steve
06-22-2004, 11:12 AM
What time will you be leaving? Also, at which point will you be leaving I-94 and heading south for Rockford? I could drive out of Milwaukee and head west to pick up your trail, so to speak......

Xracer
06-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Steve....we plan to leave the Twin Cities at 9AM on the 29th, follow I-94 to Tomah, WI, pick up I-90 there and follow it down to Rockford.

We'll have 2 Minis driving, several on trailers, + a bunch of MINIs driving. What with gas stops, potty breaks, etc., kinda hard to tell where we'll be at any particular time.

If there's a change in route, or I can nail down a better timeline, I'll post it here.

Steve
06-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Great, thanks! Tomah is a bit of a jaunt, but I am assuming that you will go through Madison and just head directly south from there? I'll see what I can work out.

Xracer
06-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Yeah....we'll be going thru Madison on I-90. My best guess is somewhere between 3 to 5PM (barring any mishaps).

We'll have our cell phone on: 1-612-599-0735.

You realise, of course, if you join our convoy, I'm gonna Shanghi you into becoming a club member.....but, what the ****, it's FREE. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve
06-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Free is my kind of price......consider it done! Don't know if I can make the convoy yet, but I would certainly like to try. Have you been to Rockford before? Not a bad place. About an hour and a bit from me. I was down there for a soccer tournament with my son, and he announces at ten-thirty at night that he had left his soccer shoes at home. So guess who has to drive home, get the shoes, and drive back to the hotel that night? That's right, it wasn't him!! (Too young) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mongoose
06-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Steve, my dad (in his MINI) and I'll be heading out Tuesday mid-morning. We plan on taking I-43. Are you going in the MG?

Paul

Steve
06-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Yes, I was planning on taking the 'B'......have to see how things shape up, but I should be able to make it on the Tuesday.

Xracer
06-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Steve....I haven't been there before, but my wife was there for a business conference a few years ago. Says we gotta eat at The Thunder Bay Grille!

Paul....be sure to stop over at the MMPEAPSHA Club table (we'll have a sign up) and say hello.

Steve
06-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Thunder Bay Grille is in Pewaukee. I don't know of another, with the exception of the one in Davenport, Iowa. Thunder Bay Grille is about 45 minutes east of Madison, directly off I-94. From there you can head to Rockford easily enough, just take 164 south from there until you hit I-43 which takes you into Rockford.

If you are planning a stop there for lunch, let me know. Leaving the Twin Cities at 9am should put you in Pewaukee at or around 1pm, so the timing should be good. There is a gas station right on the corner by there, and you are no more than 200 yards or so from I-94. I can be at one of the ramps a few miles west to act as pilot if you require, otherwise detailed directions shall be forthcoming.

mongoose
06-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Jim, I most certainly will!

Xracer
06-27-2004, 10:26 AM
There's also a Thunder Bay Grille in Rockford....at 7652 Potawatomi Trail....right near the junction of I-90 &amp; U.S 20...mixed in among all of the motels there.