PDA

View Full Version : Riley Elf?

Izual Angel
03-19-2004, 02:38 PM
I heard of this the other day, and all I know is that it's a sister to the Mini and the Wolseley Hornet. Anyone have any information on this car? I'm kind of curious about them.

UltimateQuestion
03-19-2004, 03:01 PM
I've heard it refered to as a "tarted up" Mini. It is virtually identical to the Wolseley Hornet. It has a funky little grill, more trim, a little boot that extends from the rear and diferent tail lamps. See this picture for a visual.

https://www.miniresource.com/MINI/hornet3.jpg

Roly Morris
03-19-2004, 10:33 PM
At the time (Riley Elf) was released it was the Top of The Line luxery model, purchased by lawyers and accountants. It came with leather seats, Wilton carpet and a walnut facia panel.

Roly Morris
03-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Whoops LUXURY

Graham Lyons
03-31-2004, 08:33 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by UltimateQuestion:
I've heard it refered to as a "tarted up" Mini. It is virtually identical to the Wolseley Hornet. It has a funky little grill, more trim, a little boot that extends from the rear and diferent tail lamps. See this picture for a visual.

https://www.miniresource.com/MINI/hornet3.jpg<hr></blockquote>

Not a pretty thing, sort of like Mini meets Austin Freeway!

Izual Angel
03-31-2004, 09:41 PM
I kinda like em, except the extra boot that it has. Looks like a Mini with a tumor.

Graham
04-01-2004, 05:50 AM
Well, I like em a lot. They are a real nice car they are well apointed and well made and I like there looks to. They are one very nice motorcar.

tony barnhill
04-01-2004, 08:08 AM
I saw one of them at the British car show in Townsend, TN last year - beautiful little car...I'd love to sit it next to my MG1100 to see the differences

Graham
04-01-2004, 11:59 PM
They are based on the Mini, not the 1100 like the MG is, so outside the drive train they arn't really the same. There was one at a car show over here about 6 months ago. It was done up really well, and the bloke who owned it was as proud of punch of it (rightly so). It had a Cooper motor fitted and had a small supercharger installed, so it should give a good account of itself.
I must have talked to him for over an hour and really did enjoy looking at it, as despite working on Minis for 8 years I had never had a close look at one. graemlins/cheers.gif

zanzibar
04-03-2004, 08:21 AM
I think they're great. Kind of like a teeny-tiny Rolls Royce. Definitely on my must-have list if my Mini collection ever extends beyond one car.

Izual Angel
04-11-2004, 06:43 PM
I'd love one, but I need a little more garage space first. LOL Thanks for all the posts!