PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin goes to Lens Crafters

GregW
02-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Bionic contact lens (https://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/02/05/bionic-contact-lens.html)

PAUL161
02-05-2008, 02:15 PM
I wonder if they could imprint a repair manual for MGBs on one? We'd always have one with us.

GregW
02-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd have to opt out for that. I don't have an MGB /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif The zoom lens sounds pretty cool though.

Tinster
02-05-2008, 03:29 PM
I wonder if I could wireless hook my boat's Garmin GPS
and fish finder into them lenses??

d

anthony7777
02-07-2008, 02:18 PM
tinster, never mind you dont need any more help finin em fish!!!!!!!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

equiprx
02-07-2008, 07:06 PM
"The lens could even be paired with sensors that monitor a person's biological conditions -- .... the presence of viruses and bacteria, and transmit the data wirelessly to a computer."

What a load of bull!!!! You can't confirm the presence of a virus without an electron microscope. That is the problem with the Discovery Channel etc. mostly it's just junk science.
And how reliable is your computer connection today? Want to trust your vision to Microsoft? Sorry officer my network was down.

Banjo
02-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I wonder if I could wireless hook my boat's Garmin GPS
and fish finder into them lenses??

d
Use the zoom feature and a polarization effect to just peer into the water.....
Mebbe you could hook it up to a remote control lure that would follow your line of sight.

GregW
02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
"The lens could even be paired with sensors that monitor a person's biological conditions -- .... the presence of viruses and bacteria, and transmit the data wirelessly to a computer."

What a load of bull!!!!
I agree, that makes about as much sense as connecting your refrigerator to the Internet. I think part of it is dreaming about new markets to tap into. Having a HUD would be an easy way to cheat on an biology exam though.