PDA

View Full Version : New MINI owners welcome here?

cooperation
12-06-2003, 09:57 AM
Hello from Maryland, USA. I have owned a 2002 MINI Cooper S for 17 months and just discovered this forum....very enjoyable stuff. coolgleam.gif
I am a life-long Mini fanatic, but never owned one until July 2002. Best car I've ever owned!

Any other "new MINI" owners here? images/icons/smile.gif

rulle7
12-06-2003, 11:19 AM
You've come to the right place!
Broadminded bunch, this.
A HEARTY welcome!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

cooperation
12-06-2003, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the hearty welcome rulle7... images/icons/smile.gif

My dad owned a TR3, a TR4, and a TR4A, which I never got to drive (I wasn't even 10 yet), but I really enjoyed the spirited drives in the passenger seat.

A lot of his friends owned Minis and I have always leaned more towards the sedans over the ragtops.

Thanks again!

Cheers! graemlins/cheers.gif

Xracer
12-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Welcome Cooperation!

Sure, MINIs are most welcome here.

Unfortunately, owning a new MINI, you'll miss the joys of rust, oil leaks, Lucas electrics and such other benefits of owning an older Mini. images/icons/grin.gif

However, since the MINI is British-built....just wait a while. British Quality Control is sure to show up sooner or later. images/icons/wink.gif

Basil
12-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Absolutely! Welcome to our humble forum! I was just on a business trip tp Huntsville, AL and someone in a hotel room near mine had a really nice Blue Mini! What a cool little car! I never did see the owner of the Alabama Mini or I would have invited them to the forum (and wouldn't you know it - I didn't have any Forum Cards (https://www.britishcarforum.com/buscards.html) with me!

Basil

[ 12-06-2003: Message edited by: Basil ]</p>

Bugeye58
12-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Basil, YOU didn't have any Forum Cards with you?!!!!!!!!
Now I don't feel so guilty about not taking any with me to the PRI Show in Indy!
Jeff

tony adams
12-07-2003, 05:24 AM
hi & hope that oyur new TOY??? gives you joy
For me the new!!Mini was not all that good as i was brought up on the good old origionsl Btirish Leyland type.Hpwever a mini is a mini is a mini & they all have their place
have a good one
Tony a graemlins/england.gif

JBsZ06
12-07-2003, 11:14 AM
Many of us truly admire your ride..

Tell us about what its like driving that new supercharged wonder!

What options did you go with and why?

My favorite that I've seen on the road is the mini cooper s ...my favorite color is leaning towards a silver/black with minilite replica rims..

What did you chose?

Whats it like driving that car...!!!!!!

[ 12-07-2003: Message edited by: JBsZ06 ]</p>

Ralphanator
12-08-2003, 10:06 AM
The new Minis are Really Sharp! My wife will soon be needing a new car and I've been trying to talk he into one!! She likes them. images/icons/smile.gif

She doesn't like haveing to make a New car payment! graemlins/nonod.gif

cooperation
12-08-2003, 11:08 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>What did you chose?

Whats it like driving that car...!!!!!!<hr></blockquote>

My spec is as you see in my signature...the one on the left. Pure Silver with a Pure Silver roof MINI Cooper S. I ordered 2 option packages which included the panoramic sunroof, 17" S-Lite Wheels, multi-function steering wheel, and other options.

I've been driving it for 17 months now with no major problems with the exception of the engine wiring harness replacement that was covered under warranty...my car also got a ride to the dealership (70 miles) on a roll-back truck, free of charge for the replacement.

The car is an absolute pleasure to drive...a supercharged 163 HP go-cart...it handles like it's on rails.

I recommend that anyone even remotely interested in the new MINI, get to a dealership, look them over, and above all else...drive it yourself!

Again...thanks for the welcome! images/icons/smile.gif

JBsZ06
12-08-2003, 11:53 AM
I met up with an owner of a silver Mini S a while back...He said in his garage was a MB 500 sedan..

He loved the Mini so much he said he just didnt have the desire to drive his MB...

PS. Your signature is coming up as a red x.

Enjoy the car and I hope to at some point in the future take a trip to a dealership to drive that awesome car!

cooperation
12-08-2003, 12:35 PM
Here's a pic...

https://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/COOPERation/swet.jpg

Signature sorted now...I think.

t8nwa
12-08-2003, 02:58 PM
HI Cooperation!

Welcome!

02 MCS owner here too! But mine is Red/White. 9/02 delivery with 20k miles on it now. Still smilin'!

You find very good people here. Some classic Mini owners who are curious about the new MINI and some owners. The one thing in common for all is we love the classic.

Alan
aka GoMiniGo from roadfly, mini2 and MCO.

t8nwa
12-08-2003, 03:01 PM
Oh by the way everyone, as you can tell from his signature, cooperation is a pretty **** good graphics artist. You should see some of his work. Top notch.

Sherlock
12-08-2003, 03:23 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> T8NWA said: Oh by the way everyone, as you can tell from his signature, cooperation is a pretty **** good graphics artist. You should see some of his work. Top notch.
<hr></blockquote>

Anywhere we can view the artwork? I looked in the profile and didn't see any websites listed.

PC
12-08-2003, 03:52 PM
We've got an '03 MINI Cooper. It makes people smile everywhere we go. images/icons/smile.gif

Welcome to the party Cooperation!

PC.
graemlins/cheers.gif

cooperation
12-09-2003, 04:08 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sherlock:

Anywhere we can view the artwork? I looked in the profile and didn't see any websites listed.<hr></blockquote>

There is a sampling here on the MINIUSA website...if it asks for a password, type the word "evergreen".

MINIUSA: cooperation gallery (https://on.miniusa.com/resume.jsp?user=814&page=3)

Thank you kindly t8nwa... images/icons/smile.gif

TypeRboy
12-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Nice pics on the miniUSA site.. Thanks for letting us in.. coolgleam.gif