PDA

View Full Version : Mini in the Park...

raysmuckles
07-21-2003, 06:34 PM
If any of you guys are vacationing over here this summer try to check out Mini in the Park... the UKs largest show...

https://www.mini-in-the-park.co.uk/

Sunday August 17th....

I will be there with a load of others, so if you can make it let me know and come and say hi...

as an aside, are any of you guys from NYC?

dave m

RCL
08-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Thanks Ray...

Great site...sounds like a smashing event. My wife and I marked our calendars for next year. If we do vacation then...(we usually visit England in April)...we'll spot you a few pints at
the long handles...and perhaps have a go at skittles!!!
Best regards,

Rick

tony barnhill
08-04-2003, 09:04 AM
We usually make our pilgrimages in the Fall or early Spring....don't mind the weather, just the rest of the tourists....its my only time to drive a new MG for any length of time & I prefer backroads with little traffic!

Steve
08-05-2003, 11:54 AM
Been a while since I have been back..........don't know how the wife would react to me visiting classic car shows while we were there though. graemlins/nonod.gif

tony barnhill
08-05-2003, 02:43 PM
ah, Steve, young son...its time for me to impart 'Tony's philosophy for a long & successful marriage' upon you....your wife's not within seeing/hearing distance of your monitor, is she?

Here tis: She can never say 'no' to you if you never say 'no' to her!

"Dear, I saw the most beautiful dress."
"Well, darling let's go get it."
"Sweetheart, mom wants to come by for a visit."
"Baby, why wait, I''ll just go get her right now."

Somewhere down the road you can then say, "Hey, kiddo, there's this neat car museum I want to visit."
...you know her answer already!

...its worked for me for 33 years! (That & I'm always wrong if she incorrect to be correct about anything! "You're right, I have no idea why I'm so obsessed with those ridiculous little cars. Can you forgive me?")

raysmuckles
08-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Rick,

Be good to see you if you come over... there are a whole load of mad minis at MITP... VTEC conversions, turbos, classics..

its also the largest autojumble this side of the pond for bits and pieces...

pint sounds good graemlins/cheers.gif

dave graemlins/england.gif