PDA

View Full Version : mini "Dealers"

huck6
03-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Kinda quiet around here.

Anyway, I am looking to buy a classic mini this year and I was wondering if any of you had positive experiences, or otherwise, to pass along regarding mini dealers. There seem to be a lot out there specializing in mini's, but no real way to tell which are good and which are duds other than some fuzzy photographs.

StevenA
03-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Have you been to the site called "minimania" ? I am not sure if you mean new Mini or old... I take "classic Mini" to mean the old ones. The new ones are sole through BMW dealers and one can only check the reputation of the dealer via local sources. The minimania site has "Mini-Guy" and a few other links plus individuals who are selling the various types of mini vehicles, ie Coopers, Austins, etc.

huck6
03-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Thanks StevenA. Yep, I'm looking for an older mini (Mk III) or earlier. I've seen the dealers on minimania, but I am not sure how reliable they are. I have seen that folks there are not shy about sharing thier views on those who do not deliver all that they promise. I was just wondering what other's experiences have been.

Can't wait to finally take the plunge.

Sherlock
03-12-2003, 02:26 PM
Hi Huck6,

There's a guy up here in Ontario I know who deals Mini's (all over North America). I'm pretty sure he's good to deal with, one disclaimer... I have never actually dealt business with him but on a personal level he is an excellent guy.

The website is https://www.big-al-minimover.com

And while you're on the site make sure to check out the "About Myself" page (I think?) and check some of this other neat trucks - BMC Motorhome and 1949 Austin K8 lorry

Best of luck,

[ 03-12-2003: Message edited by: Sherlock ]</p>

zanzibar
03-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Try Barn Hill Minis. Great guys, great cars. I bought mine last February, after an extensive restoration an I love it.

https://www.barnhillminisusa.com/

huck6
04-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the head's-up. Rumour has it that the guys at Texasminis were busted for selling cars not quite old enough to slip under US standards. Don't know how much truth is in this, but I am glad to hear that they will still be in business, they seemed to be a good shop.

The V-Tec is too much engine for me. What I am really looking for is a simpler engine that I can work on (or at least understand).

I'd love to hear of the California connection though.