PDA

View Full Version : Photo example/text needed

Tinster
12-16-2007, 03:23 PM
I could use a photo and some text from anyone with
a camera handy. TR6 washer fluid jug.

I have the plastic jug that holds the windshield cleaning
fluid and tiny motor. I know where it goes in the engine compartment.

Could someone kindly post a photo of the jug installed?
And explain a bit what holds the jug in place?

Thanks,

d

kodanja
12-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Dale there is a bracket with a rubber strap that hold the plastic container in place.

sorry i dont have a pic of it.

https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/KODANJA7/aaa3.jpg

Tim Tucker
12-16-2007, 04:21 PM
These are from a recent auction. Mine no longer has the 'band' that holds it. Am I correct in assuming it is like a rubber band?
Tim

https://tidentenn.com/images/washer bottle and strap.JPG

https://tidentenn.com/images/washer bottle and strap2.JPG

https://tidentenn.com/images/washer bottle and strap3.JPG

Brosky
12-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Dale,

If you need more than this one mounted in the car and the pictures above, let me know.

jjbunn
12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
On my bracket the fabric band is long gone. I was thinking of using a cable tie, but maybe there is a better way?

I notice that Brosky's pump is different to mine, which is a black affair.

Bugeye58
12-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Rimmer Brothers still carries just the bracket and strap.
Jeff

SCguy
12-16-2007, 07:40 PM
My strap was junk. Stretched out before I even used it. I replaced the strap with a light colored leather belt that I made from a leather hobby shop.

TexasKnucklehead
12-16-2007, 11:42 PM
I didn't like the jug flailing about and opted to "repair" it with some scrap nylon straps I had lying about. I have no idea if the water pump functions (because I have never tried it), but the container doesn't make noise when I corner, and it could look worse.

Tinster
12-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Thanks all,

I believe I understand the concept and can fribricate
a washer jug mounting piece that is both functional
and decent looking.

dale

rooster
12-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but does any ones washer fluid pump actually spray fluid onto the windshield?

My pump works and all the tubing is there but won't suck the fluid for some reason. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

Brosky
12-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Hopefully, that fluid is not going into your heater motor as has happened to many in the past. It looks as though it's not being pumped, but it gets shot down into the heater motor.

Don Elliott
12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Rooster - You probably need a ball valve in the hose line which allows the juice to pump up but then prevents it draining back down.

I restored my TR3A in 1990 and since then (97,000 miles), I have never had any juice in the bottle. I don't drive on muddy roads, rarely in the rain, never in slushy black snow and have never missed it.

At TRA in 2003, one of the judges noticed that the bottle was empty and wanted to dock me a point. I told it it came from the factory empty, that's why I want to keep it "original" as it left the factory. He laughed and said, "Just joking".

rooster
12-19-2007, 11:47 AM
At TRA in 2003, one of the judges noticed that the bottle was empty and wanted to dock me a point. I told it it came from the factory empty, that's why I want to keep it "original" as it left the factory. He laughed and said, "Just joking".

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Cool story!

I don't know if you remember me, but I was a member of the Montreal Triumph club for 3 years when I lived in Montreal. My "real life" name is Todd Friar. Dave Geller was a big help to me finding my TR6. He did several free inspections of TR's before I found one that he approved of. I was really sad to hear that he passed away. He was a great guy!

As far as the ball valve I don't think I have one. That is probably the problem.

Thanks

trrdster2000
12-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Sorry I'm late getting in on this, busy busy. If the motor spins your trouble is the little gear on the bottom of the motor, works like a water pump. They brake over time or come loose,(plastic). If you can get the screws out, a big problem on most, super glue will solve that part.

Wayne