PDA

View Full Version : 2007 SCCA Production Car Festival this weekend VIR

Hap Waldrop
10-22-2007, 09:35 AM
This weekend will be the 2007 Production Car Festival at VIR, we expecting around 60 cars to take the green flag. If you think the vintage guys haul butt, then you need to come check out the SCCA prod cars this weekend, you will be blown away. We going to have 4 national champions in field.
This is only second in the largest turn out of Prod cars to the runoffs, even bigger than the June Sprints at Road America, boy it feels good saying that, since I one of the people that helped start this event /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

For more info go here

https://www.woundedturtleracing.org/prodfest.htm

Hap Waldrop
10-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Well 49 cars took the green flag, second in prod car count this year only to the runoffs. The best race on the track was the FP race with David Bryson and current FP champ Jesse Prather having a absolute dog fight, while Jesse is the champ, David is a VIR hot shoe, I knew this one was going to be good, it did not disappoint me. Jesse and David swapped for the lead about dozen time, one time even collected each other and both spinning, in the end David Bryson got the champ Jesse Prather and the FP win by the smallest of margins, David with the help of drfting from Jesse, bettered the VIR FP track record by a whopping 4 seconds at a 2:10, boys, that's hauling butt!!!!!!!!!

Jesse's in car data showed him and David going 130 mph down the back straight, holy moly !!!!!!!!