PDA

View Full Version : Kwik Lift

Dale
02-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Am checking out the Kwik Lift web site linked from our forum. Looks like something I can afford and could use. Anyone here have one? Would appreciate your thoughts.

tony barnhill
02-15-2004, 08:16 PM
I have a yellow powdercoated one with 2 shelves...right now my '70 GT is sitting on it with no front suspension under it (front of car is sitting on 2 jack stands that are standing on shelf)...easy to get under car to reroute plumbing, rebuild suspension ,etc....love mine!

Eric
02-16-2004, 09:08 PM
If you're feeling wealthy, you could use something like this, which allows the wheels to come off:
https://www.ultimategarage.com/lifts.htm

Personally, I'd settle for a decent concrete floor!

Dale
02-17-2004, 02:50 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tony barnhill:
I have a yellow powdercoated one with 2 shelves...right now my '70 GT is sitting on it with no front suspension under it (front of car is sitting on 2 jack stands that are standing on shelf)...easy to get under car to reroute plumbing, rebuild suspension ,etc....love mine!<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the encouragement! I may go the cheap route and get the bare metal one, but sure think it will work for me. As it is now I can't put the front spoiler on my 7 because it will get wiped out when I drive up the ramps I'm currently using for oil changes etc.
graemlins/blush.gif

Dale
02-17-2004, 03:00 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Eric:
If you're feeling wealthy, you could use something like this, which allows the wheels to come off:
https://www.ultimategarage.com/lifts.htm

Personally, I'd settle for a decent concrete floor!<hr></blockquote>
You make me feel guilty as I have a concrete pad to work on. Now if the tooth fairy would just come and build a garage over it.....
I checked out the link you posted. Lots of nice lifts, but am really curious as to what the yellow and grey car is about the 4th picture down. Puts me in mind of a Vespa 400 I had many years ago.

Eric
02-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Ah. That either a Mercedes A class or a Smart (I'm pretty sure its a Smart). They were initiated by the Swatch watch people, then taken over by Mercedes. The Smarts will be marketed in Canada soon , I'm told.

https://www.canadiandriver.com/news/040212-2.htm

Don't feel too guilty about the concrete pad. I'd have one too, if I'd only quit spending money on cars! images/icons/rolleyes.gif

[ 02-17-2004: Message edited by: Eric ]</p>

tony barnhill
02-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Dale....the quiklift also has the ability to take tires off car while its on rack...I bought the 'shelf' accessories - 2 shelves that sit across the ramps...jack car up & put jack stands under it (they sit in the shelf) & lower car onto jack stand

...with the QuikLift, after you drive up on it, you raise the rear end & extend its legs

Jerry
05-24-2004, 02:12 PM
What supplier would you use in California? I am looking for a 4 post lift. This Kwik lift web site is good but I know there are lifts out there with other options. I saw one at a car show that had drip trays, etc also. Do most of you bolt the lift to the floor?

Bruce Bowker
05-24-2004, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What supplier would you use in California? I am looking for a 4 post lift. This Kwik lift web site is good but I know there are lifts out there with other options. I saw one at a car show that had drip trays, etc also. Do most of you bolt the lift to the floor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been considering a 4 post lift also. There sure are quite a few out there and no idea if quality varies a great deal. I am mostly interested in being able to store two cars plus some underneath work. Inconvenient for removing tires etc but you can get a piece which allows jacking it up a bit.

I assume you did a search on the internet for car lifts. You will get many to choose from. Hemmings usually has a bunch in their magazine. Free shipping but you need 4 guys or a forklift to unload.

Sure would be interested to hear what you buy if you do buy one.

Jerry
06-01-2004, 08:13 PM
I am at least two months away from purchase. I have to sell a house first. Our friend in town has a four post and thinks you have more options with your car than a two post model. They just finished a Triumph 2000 than won first place at the UBSCC Dixon car show. Beautiful work.

Jerry

78Z
06-02-2004, 06:05 PM
you don't need a fancy lift just sound wood!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

https://www.infinitemile.com/gallery/albums/misc/safetyfirst.jpg

mjamgb
06-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Wow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif. Wonder what that "extra" post is for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif?
LOL

Mike!