PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal on Shop Air Compressor

NW_SpriteGuy
12-04-2003, 05:48 PM
I got one and just wanted to pass along the deal I came across a couple days ago. Don't know if anyones interested but for those who are... here's the scoop.

Sears has a Craftsman 30 gallon, upright vertical, oil free, single stage 120V air compressor kit on sale until around the Dec. 12th. It puts out approximately 8.5 SCFM at 40 PSI and 6.4 SCFM at 90 PSI and is rated at at total of 150 PSI. I say kit because it comes packaged complete with hose, fittings, gauges, one 3/8" air rachet wrench, one 1/2" impact wrench, and one 1/2" air hammer. The normal price for the tank alone is $329. The whole kit is on sale right now for $299, however, if you join their Sears Craftsman Club (no cost to join and you can do it at the time of purchase), you can have the whole kit for $269.00. Don't mean to push any certain product line and I don't work them, or have any stock in the company... just always looking for a good deal for myself. When I find one, I like to pass it on for others who can take advantage of it. images/icons/smile.gif

-Don

Mark Beiser
12-05-2003, 02:05 AM
Seen any deals like that on something that puts out closer to 20 cfm @90 psi? =)

NW_SpriteGuy
12-05-2003, 12:15 PM
No. It seems like you can get anywhere from 10-13 scfm @ 90 range for under $475 and then to get anything higher, the pricing pops up to around $1200 plus. I don't know about you, but I've got car parts to buy. Can't spend too much money on the tools & equipment to fix'em, or I'd never get anything completed. With the work I do in my garage, the unit I purchased will do just fine.

-Don

Super 7
12-06-2003, 01:51 AM
That still seems like a great deal.

I think you need about 11 cfm @ 100 psi to paint and run sanders and stuff.

My dad used to do it for a living. I know he somtimes painted with much less, but liked a professional 2 stage unit with a cooler.

They do seem to go on sale once in a while.

Mark Beiser
12-07-2003, 02:54 AM
I think I found the compressor I am going to buy. Its reconditioned, so is quite a bit cheeper than the same one new.
$329 for a factory reconditioned 6.5 hp, 60 gallon compressor.

https://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=55222

Its got a 60 gallon tank and makes 13 cfm @90 psi. The paint gun I want requires 12.9 cfm @90 psi, so this compressor will be just enough!

19sprite66
01-18-2004, 11:12 PM
You've had the compressor for a little while now- have you used a sander or sand blaster with it?

CraigFL
01-19-2004, 05:04 PM
I bought that Craftsman too. The best part is you can easily buy parts from Sears(www.sears.com) to fix it when it breaks -- new rings, seals, pistons, etc... graemlins/iagree.gif

19sprite66
01-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Craig- I may go look at that Crafstsman later this evening. Have you run any tools on yours? (especially tried blasting)It's 20 degrees with wind and snow today here in Ohio. We're headed your way on the 30th- hope it's warmer! coolgleam.gif

Dale
01-19-2004, 08:16 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CraigFL:
I bought that Craftsman too. The best part is you can easily buy parts from Sears(www.sears.com) to fix it when it breaks -- new rings, seals, pistons, etc... graemlins/iagree.gif <hr></blockquote>
Used Craftsman compressors in my business for many years and did find the parts availability a good thing. Even stocked the teflon rings for the oiless units and repaired some for customers when I didn't need them for mine. The oiless ones do wear out and usually need cylinder sleeves and rings at the same time. But it's a relatively cheap and easy fix.
graemlins/iagree.gif

CraigFL
01-20-2004, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 19sprite66:
Craig- I may go look at that Crafstsman later this evening. Have you run any tools on yours? (especially tried blasting)It's 20 degrees with wind and snow today here in Ohio. We're headed your way on the 30th- hope it's warmer! coolgleam.gif <hr></blockquote>

I use the standard tools - impact, ratchet, die grinder. I haven't bought a blasting setup yet...

Today it will be 60 degrees and was 75 last Sunday-- Almost always great top down driving images/icons/grin.gif