PDA

View Full Version : Lord Lucas giveth, Lord Lucas taketh away

PATR8
08-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Well I got the engine bugs apparently worked out thanks to swapping out my 2 year old Accell coil for the original TR8 Lucas coil. I went for a ride, got a little gas and the turn signals stop working and the gas gauge actually dropped to 1/4 as I ADDED fuel. I still have to work the pop up light issues. Darn it Lucas, Give me a break.

I will give the head lights one more day of work before I just swap them out for the ones from my FHC. The turn signals are probably just a grounding issue, right? (More grounding issues...ugggg). The fuel gauge I have no idea where to begin but I know I have a full tank right now.

Will give all the suspension bolts and nuts a second going over to make sure I did not forget anything.

CTC76828LO
08-12-2007, 03:44 AM
....and Lord Lucas said, "Let there be light," and there was light, for a while.

08-12-2007, 04:54 AM
....and Lord Lucas said, "Let there be light," and there was light, for a while.

And it was dim.

DougF
08-12-2007, 05:08 AM
The only places you'll ever find dimmer bulbs are amongst the human population.

DrEntropy
08-12-2007, 05:33 AM
Sender float may be leaking or the sender rheostat is faulty. Check the voltage at the sender with a VOM. To check the sender (unfortunately) you'll have to either drain the tank or drive it nearly outta gas. Remove the sender and ascertain if the float is leaking and run the sender thru its travel with the VOM across it. Resistances vary model to model but it should give a smooth transition of resistance thru the range of movement.

Flasher could be a grounding issue or flasher unit failure. Do the lights come on bright but not flash, or not come on at all with the signal switch?

Headlamp motors are notoriously fickle... Can't give ya any insight there: mine are vacuum operated. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

kodanja
08-12-2007, 10:33 AM
The Ghost of Lucas still haunts me!

https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/KODANJA7/TR631-1.jpg

SCguy
08-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Check the ground on the sender before you pull it.

Bugeye58
08-12-2007, 10:53 AM
The Ghost of Lucas still haunts me!

https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/KODANJA7/TR631-1.jpg

Is that ectoplasmic smoke?
Jeff

kodanja
08-12-2007, 11:22 AM
ive been slimed

Harry_Ward
08-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Careful out there, there are strange things that occur that have absolutely no explanation.

Ta other day while driving to the store the front right blink stopped operating and I thought it to be the bulb. I took off the retaining plate and glass bullet to find the bulb A-OK. Looked under the hood an there was the white wire to grn/white completely pulled apart at the bullet to female connector with both wires stickin straight up in the air. I can't seem to ever pull these wires apart in the past without almost ripping the connectors off. I'm thinking Mr. Lucas is tired of getting a bad rap and made those wires stick straight up as if to say, "Hey dimwit, it's not the bulb it's us two disconnects here!"