PDA

View Full Version : Power Bleeder

Super 7
02-03-2003, 05:47 PM
I bought a cheap power bleeder a while ago. It has a bottle which you put new fluid in. This attaches to a replacement cap that gets screwed onto your reservoir. You attach low pressure air to the bottle. When you open your bleed screws, the new fluid is pushed into the reservoir, displacing the old fluid.

The fluid level in the reservoir does not change.

I really like it. It is easy, quick, clean, and does a great job.

02-03-2003, 06:03 PM
I talked to a guy who did something like that by attaching an air valve to a spare resivoir cap and pumping it with a bicycle pump. Where did you get yours?

Super 7
02-03-2003, 08:46 PM
I got it at J. A. E. It has a variety of caps. The real beauty is that you can flush out your old fluid, and the level in the reservoir stays the same. It works best with low pressure. I power it with a tire with the pressure dropped to about 10 PSI. It is British made.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chuck Cougill:
I talked to a guy who did something like that by attaching an air valve to a spare resivoir cap and pumping it with a bicycle pump. Where did you get yours?<hr></blockquote>

aerog
02-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Sounds like a Gunson Eezi-bleed system

John Turney
02-03-2003, 11:08 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aerog:
Sounds like a Gunson Eezi-bleed system<hr></blockquote>

I have a Gunson, but I couldn't find one of the caps that would fit my MC.

graemlins/cheers.gif
John, BN4

coldplugs
02-03-2003, 11:54 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John Turney:

I have a Gunson, but I couldn't find one of the caps that would fit my MC.
<hr></blockquote>
I had the same experience but was able to adapt an old cap with no problems. I always put a rag over it, though, because I dread having the thing blow off and spray brake fluid (aka paint remover) around.

aerog
02-04-2003, 12:19 AM
I've never tried using one on my MG, but I saw where Proper-MG sells an MGB MC adapter cap specifically for the MGB.

Rick O.
02-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Or take the low road with that spare MC reservoir cap and old brake hose. Drill the cap, insert hose, snug with appropriate washer & nut, and screw free end to your air blower attachment off your compressor. Set regulator to it's lowest setting (less than 10 psig), and pressurize the MC reservoir. Open the bleeder of choice and you're on your way. Obviously, depressurize or close the bleeder before the MC goes dry.