PDA

View Full Version : "SCAM ARTISTS ON EBAY AGAIN": Are they the same?

toysrrus
08-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi Folks;

I`ve been watching ebay closely; Among other sites & I came across "Two" TR6s that are "Real Sweet":

One is "Red" & the other "Yellow": The Sellers Feedback of ea. car is; (-1)!!

I`ve never seen anyone with a "Minus" Feedback before!!

Would it be possible that this is the same person selling both TRs?? I`ve emailed both Sellers & No Response so far??

Check it out; They`re Really Nice Cars!!

Regards, Russ /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

toysrrus
08-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Hi There Ladies & Gents;

By the Way; How many folks that are on this Forum are "Ladies"??

Just heard back from the Guy with the "Yellow" TR6: He says he has no affiliation with the Guy selling the "Red" TR6:

He also says that he got stiffed by a buyer from "France" on a TR3; Would not send him $$$??? Thats the reason for the (-1) Feedback:

He also goes on to say; That he`s a "Very Reputable" Seller as he has sold "5" (Count them, Five) cars on ebay with no problems:

So; I asked him; Then why is your Feedback (-1)???

Incredible!! Russ /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

jdubois
08-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Seems the scams are starting to out number the real cars these days. Some of the scams are pretty bold. I even found my own car being auctioned on ebay the other day. I mailed the guy and told him it was a sweet deal for me, because I wouldn't have to pay shipping. Didn't get a reply to that /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

toysrrus
08-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi There jdubois;

You have to be Kidding!!

Your own car For Sale on ebay and You did`nt know It!! Now there`s a heck of a Wake up Call:

What kind of Car?

Whats the listing #; Maybe I can negotiate a "Buy It Now" price with the Seller of "YOUR CAR": What do You think?

This is really Crazy; /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Regards, Russ

PS: Did you read the one about me? I had over a 1/2 doz cars listed on ebay in my name: I got an Invoice from ebay for over $2300.00 in listing Fees!! It got straightened out but what a Mess!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazyeyes.gif

jdubois
08-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Wow, I don't feel so bad having my car listed, at least they didn't steal my ebay userid. What a mess! Glad you got it worked out though.

My car that they 'stole' was a Ferrari 308. The pictures were still on the web from a previous owner, and they found them and just cut and pasted the pictures and some text from the web page on the ebay listing.

This was about a month ago, so the listing is no longer there. I alerted ebay, and to their credit the listing was gone within 12 hours.