PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of compressors!

Basil
11-16-2002, 12:11 AM
Well, I went tro Home Depot last weekend to buy a new Water Heater (the current one started leaking) and ended up buying an Air Compressor also. Its not huge, but adequate for most of my needs I'm sure. The main reason I bought it was, it came with a whole slew of tools and attachments and was on sale. I got a paint sprayer, an air socket wrench (with sockets), an impact wrench, a chisle, and a bunch of other stuff that would have cost a bunch if bought separately. Now I just need to find stuff to do with it besides just filling my tires with air images/icons/grin.gif

Basil

11-17-2002, 08:16 AM
it won't take long. I bought myself one last Christmas and now even my wife is using it

Dale
11-17-2002, 11:44 AM
So what's the point of owning stuff(like lawnmowers) if your wife won't use them?
Dale

11-17-2002, 09:59 PM
it's to make the jobs you can't get her to do easier on yourself

MattP
11-22-2002, 05:52 AM
Since when did having something to do with it matter in getting a new toy? graemlins/devilgrin.gif

aeronca65t
11-22-2002, 09:17 AM
I *love* power tools, and have *way* more than I actually need....one of my favs is my 3/8" air ratchet. Right now I'm keen on the new B&D Anniversary drill (which is designed to look like an old-time B&D drill)....for Christmas, maybe.

https://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006FX9U.01-A23NLORBGXOLEO.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

[ 11-22-2002: Message edited by: aeronca65t ]</p>

catfood
11-22-2002, 09:36 AM
aeronca65t

Classic Aeroplanes, yes (I'm an Aeronautical Engineer by degree if not profession)

Classic Cars, certainly

But classic tools! I'm begining to think that maybe you're taking the classic thing a bit far. You need to step back, take some deep breaths and repeat after me "Its only a drill..."

graemlins/crazy.gif graemlins/cryin.gif

Dale
11-22-2002, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I used to think the retro thing could be taken too far. But with "This Old House" et al and legged bathtubs and funky old toilets who's to say. Enjoy your drill. Dale

aeronca65t
11-22-2002, 06:46 PM
Hey! It's like "sweets for the sweet".....or in my case "classic tools for a classic guy" (OK, I admit it! "classic" = "old"

Actually, I caught this attachment for old mechanical bits from my Dad (who worked for British Railways when I was a kid...he's still a steam locomotive nut). You should see my collection (model) steam engines. More "classic" stuff!

As for "This Old House"...for some reason, I'm not a big fan of classic homes...mine's a contemporary passive solar design.

11-22-2002, 07:01 PM
it is going too far, but I'm going 450 miles one way Monday to pick up an antique stove for my wife's antique kitchen. now I'll have one more thing to restore