PDA

View Full Version : Need Source

fad64b
07-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Does anyone have a source for the Diaphragm shaft seal in the TR3 fuel pump. None of the rebuild kits I have seen include the this seal. I have a nice pump with priming leaver that I would like to rebuild..

TR3driver
07-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I believe TRF announced some time ago that the seal was now included in their pump rebuild kits.

The seal isn't critical; I believe it's main purpose was to stop gas/petrol from going into the crankcase if the diaphragm leaked. At any rate, lots of people leave it out (or leave the old one in place).

Geo Hahn
07-28-2007, 11:15 AM
I have never had a problem using pumps w/o it. Pump failures I've experienced have been valves falling out and the lever pin falling out. Those were on repros which are not as well built as the originals like you have.

MGTF1250Dave
07-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Aloha Frank,

I concur with Randall and Geo. The seal is available as part of TRF pump rebuild kit. If the old one in the pump isn't chewed up you can leave it in place if your kit doesn't include that part. Most replacement pumps do not come with a seal installed. Like Geo, the fuel pump failures I've experienced were the pivot pin falling out on replacement pumps. The pin is a press it, not held in by cotter pins like the originals with priming handles.

YankeeTR
08-03-2007, 03:57 PM
just bought a TRF kit...included.