PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual British Car "Drivers" Week

Scooter
01-19-2003, 11:50 AM
May 24 - June 1, 2003

British Car Week is an annual British car awareness event that takes place everywhere on the planet Earth, during the last week of May. This event honors all vintage British automobiles, motorcycles, and their proud owners who keep them on the roads for all to see and appreciate. Getting our little precious gems out on the roads in each our own communities at full force, will help remind everyone that our hobby is flourishing, and it will in turn help keep it that way for many years to come. Please tell all of your friends!

So grab your goggles, and driving gloves, and be sure to top off those dashpots! It's time to have some fun!!

https://users.arczip.com/zntech/britishcarweek.html

healeygal
05-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Hi All,

Don't forget this event - starts TODAY!

thegoodbeamer
05-24-2003, 07:17 PM
Hey people.
I started this British car week,like this AM.It was raining but went anyway.I wanted to support the school car show.After a few hours I came home and wouldn't you know the rain stopped.
Oh well there is tomorrow. graemlins/canpatriot.gif

DougR
05-25-2003, 01:35 AM
Howdy all!
I started BC week this morning driving the bugeye to work. This, the FIRST DAY out , the first 1/2 hour I saw a Very nice black TR3 and a Quick glimpse of a Jensen Healey. ( gonna have to look one of those over close!) I think this is gona be a good one!
GET 'EM OUT! graemlins/savewave.gif

healeygal
05-25-2003, 03:43 AM
This doesn't count as an official "sighting," but kinda neat -
I took my Healey out for a ride, about 50 miles roundtrip, toward the beach then inland past Disneyland (to give the folks there something to talk about!), but didn't see any other little British cars on the road, other than a couple of contemporary Jaguars. images/icons/frown.gif

When I got home, I pulled into the driveway and was getting out of the car when a fellow and his son, who had parked near my house to attend the local Memorial Day Strawberry Festival parade a few blocks away inquired, "Is that a 100-4? My brother has one." images/icons/smile.gif

Sorry Basil, I didn't have the presence of mind to give him a BCF business card to give to his brother!

Don Lattimer
05-25-2003, 11:36 PM
I cheated a little and started early but just completed 851 miles throughout northern California with Saturday at the 8th Annual Dunsmuir British Car Gathering. Then on to the dirt track races in Yreka, CA, across to Eureka on the coast and back down Rt.101 to home. If you ever get to northern CA you must drive Rt. 36 out of Fortuna east to Rt. 3, then to Rt.299 into Redding. It will definately get the oil moving around and increase the pulse.

Met a Mini owner today who had imported the car from New Zealand to Long Beach and was driving it home to Portland. Guy has guts! Never even seen the car before he picked it up at the docks.

Believe me, driving a Marcos draws attention wherever you go! Stopping for gas takes about a half hour just to answer questions. Good to get the cars out there so folks can see them.

Oh yeah, took "Best of Show" at Dunsmuir!

Don Lattimer
1971 Marcos V6

SoCal
05-26-2003, 11:01 PM
Beautiful day here in Southern Cal, temp in the low 80s, perfect TR4 (or any LBC) weather. Just got back from a 100+ mile drive including Pacific Coast Highway from Newport Beach up to Long Beach. Only saw 1 LBC an MG/TC. Saw tons of Miatas, 90% with their tops up! Why do they do that?? Hopefully LBC spotting will be more fruitful as the week goes on!! Ride On...

bighly
05-28-2003, 10:26 AM
Started this out on Sunday driving from the South Bay CA area over Hecker Pass and a hundred fifty odd miles south on Hyw 1 through Monterey, Carmel by the Sea and big Sur.

Drove to work again yesterday taking the long way again over Hecker Pass then north up Hwy 1 towards San Francisco cutting across Hwy 92 to San Mateo. Did not see one British car all day but definatly enjoyed the warm breeze and ocean.

I will drive again today hoping for a sighting. I suppose I will brave the traffic this time.

Tracy
1960 AH BT7