PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injection hose

Winston
04-13-2004, 10:21 AM
I've been pondering replacing the 40 year old fuel line(s) with.0008 fuel injection hose.
I don't like the fact that it detracts from the original design, but I am on a very strict budget.
I wonder about fuel volume to the Stronbergs, to much/to little?
I believe the fuel pump (mechanical) puts out about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of pressure I'm concerned about the pump's ability to pressurize the system.
The reason I am considering is the almost 40 year old line is very brittle and does have a small leak.
I intend to replace with new as I can afford it but would this give me a short term fix.

Thanks

Winston 67TR4A IRS

aeronca65t
04-13-2004, 12:28 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Winston:
I've been pondering replacing the 40 year old fuel line(s) with.0008 fuel injection hose.
<hr></blockquote>

I'm guessing that ".0008" is a typo (that would be a *very* tiny line).
Anyway, replacing the old fuel line is a good idea. Most of the fuel hose on your car is probably around 1/4" (inside diameter). There are a number of other standard sizes available, so you should measure what you have. This hose can be bought cheaply at most discount automotive stores. I changed all of mine a few years ago....I think it cost me less than $10 (USD).

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited by: aeronca65t ]</p>

Winston
04-13-2004, 11:20 PM
An embarrasing typo at that.
SAE 5 1/6".
Little bit of concern in the area where the fuel line rounds the thermostat housing.

Winston 67TR4A IRS