PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Help

Kira
03-27-2004, 06:03 PM
I am looking at purchasing new tyres for my Wolseley 6/99....she is currently running on Bridgestone B249's 195/75R14. A nice tyre which gives excellent handling and ride. However I've been offered an aussie made Remington tyre of a harder compound at a slightly cheaper price (all of $7 difference). So now should I go for the harder compound or the softer one with better handling. I'm edging towards the Bridgestones which have been tried and tested. Just after your thoughts please. graemlins/driving.gif

aerog
03-27-2004, 06:21 PM
$7 per tyre isn't a lot when spread out over the life of the tires - especially if you're happy with what you have.

piman
03-28-2004, 06:28 AM
Hello Kira,
how do you know the new tyre will make the handling worse? Tyre compound affects grip, especially when wet and the harder compound will give a longer life so it's grip versus life.
It all depends on your driving style and of course, you have a lot drier climate than we have in the UK.
Personally I don't go for high grip tyres as it's much easier to catch the car if it slides at a slower speed.

Alec graemlins/thirsty.gif