PDA

View Full Version : Buy Parts from Calgary?

KLUTZ
12-11-2003, 11:14 PM
Sherlock and 78Z would probably be able to answer this quite easily. I have a friend comming here at Christmas from Calgary. I've seen two Brit. car part shops that he is close to, advertised in my car book. I need a few small things that he would be able to bring in his luggage and was wondering what their prices are in general compared to here in Ontario. No Provincial sales tax helps too. Or am I better off getting from the biggies in the States? with the exchange. I don't want to give their names but one is on 40th Ave N.E. and the other on 61 Ave. S.E. I think I called one in the spring and their shipping $ was rediculous.
Thanks guys

Paul

78Z
12-12-2003, 12:47 AM
I've bought a few things off the 40th ave store. Decent prices for what I bought. Saving GST would be good. Only returns would be a pain if needed. Ordering from US sucks. Canada Customs rips you off big time. I bought about $15 worth of stuff and it cost me $10 in shipping and $15 in customs images/icons/mad.gif

Sherlock
12-12-2003, 02:57 AM
Paul,

I don't own a car right now, so don't really have any experience to compare Calgary to Ontario.

Make some calls out west here, and compare to your Ontario prices, then see if it's worth it.

Rod Farnsworth
12-14-2003, 12:22 AM
You could try Mick Birk, a good Irish fella at British Cars International, 405 38Ave NE 403-2340-3923. His prices are really good as he buys parts direct from UK suppliers. He just round the corner from British Auto Specialties at 330 40th Ave where I presume you went before or try Todd at SPORTSCAR PARTS, 5508, 4th. St. S.E., Calgary.
Rod

KLUTZ
12-14-2003, 02:15 AM
Thanks fellas,
I will send a list to my pal out in Cow Town with what I need. He can make the calls for me out there. Seems like a lot of choice out there. I think the prices will be comprable to here, but with out the PST, that helps.
Thanks
Paul