PDA

View Full Version : Cool Gift from Zymol

healeygal
02-13-2003, 05:49 PM
I just received a package of Zymol products in the mail as a gift for attending the San Diego British Car Day last October. How cool is that?!! The package consists of 16 oz. bottles of cleaner/wax and car wash, a microwipe towel and an issue of Auto Week magazine featuring the 2002 Monterey Historic Races. I imagine other BCF members who registered and attended the car show should be getting theirs in the mail, too. The car wash and cleaner wax are labeled for SUV's, so this should come in handy on my little Suzuki Sidekick daily driver, who, even though she's the size of an economy car, thinks she a big ol', bad ol' SUV! images/icons/wink.gif

[ 02-13-2003: Message edited by: healeygal ]</p>

John Loftus
02-13-2003, 10:57 PM
Hi Sharon,

I received the same kit as you this week. I think this was for Lake Tahoe Open Roads 2002. The made an announcement at the awards ceremony that they were going to send a kit to every registered attendee. Did they specifically say it was for the San Diego meet? At any rate, it is very cool that they came through with this. I used it this weekend on my new ('01) Saab 9-3. It looks brand new now. The microwipe towel works really well to remove the wax.

Cheers, John

66 fhc
02-14-2003, 01:17 AM
Hi Sharon
I havn't recieved it so it may be because of the Tahoe conection. Mr. post man look and see, if there's some zymol in your bag for me.... graemlins/nopity.gif

healeygal
02-14-2003, 03:54 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John Loftus:
Hi Sharon,

I received the same kit as you this week. I think this was for Lake Tahoe Open Roads 2002. The made an announcement at the awards ceremony that they were going to send a kit to every registered attendee.
Cheers, John<hr></blockquote>

Hi John,

I think you're right - it was the Tahoe meet. With 600 cars and 1200 attendees, that's a lot of bottles of Zymol and $$ for postage!!

slider
03-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on what you're indicating, you're using Zymol on your every day cars, not your Healeys, why is that? Am I missing something in this thread? images/icons/confused.gif

DZ

John Loftus
03-24-2003, 12:42 AM
DZ,

A couple reasons (for me anyway). First, my Austin Healey is stripped down for a full restoration ... nothing to wax at this time. Also, the wax they sent is a cleaner wax. My preference for show quality paint is to clean the paint with other products (if needed) and use a pure wax for protection and shine.

Cheers, John