PDA

View Full Version : TR AAA One more pic for you.

PeterK
06-20-2007, 05:36 PM
OK one more, right rear 1/4. I love the lines of this car!

Warning: 300K image
https://mysite.verizon.net/kentech0822/triumph/traaa2.jpg

NutmegCT
06-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Peter - regardless of the angle, that TR of yours is a beauty. Now go take your wife for a ride tonight before the sun sets - and how 'bout a picture of *both* of you in that car!

BTW, how's your wife doing?

Tom

PeterK
06-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Cathy and I had a nice run last night, her first since last fall.

Tonight she is off to a meeting with the womenfolk. She is almost done with her treatment, 11 radiation days left. She is a survivor and BEAT her cancer! Thanks for asking.

A picture of both of us a good idea. I'll set one up this weekend.

06-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Peter, I spent a long weekend a number of years ago up in Farmington. Although it was late spring and still cold, I can just imagine tooling around that countryside in the green season. Breathtakingly gorgeous. A perfect setting for a TR3 such as yours. Enjoy.

Brosky
06-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Peter,

If you are using Win XP, download the M/$ Powertoys Image Resizer program and install it. It becomes part of your right click menu and allows you to resize on the fly with no loss of quality. You can take an image to whatever screen size that you wish with a click of the mouse.

It reduces the size of the file tremendously. You can pick as many as you wish and it will do them all at once.

https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

PeterK
06-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks Paul. I took the pictures with my Nikon 8MP so the original image file size is huge. JPG is a lossy file compression method still better than many, even MS image resizer will show significant image quality loss.

I resized the images to 30% of the original and then compressed the jpg by 30%. The reason I didn't want to compress them more is because I wanted to give you guys the best quality at a moderate file size without introducing jaggies.

Image resizer is a good quick tool. But the Nikon raw image size was 22MB and can't be read by the MS tool.

Russ Austin
06-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Peter; Very sweet TR, so glad to hear Cathy is well. Speaking of you better half, will she be traveling this summer to see her father, please let me know I'll let her take her dad out for a drive. Next year my sister wants us to come and see her at the summer cottage at Head Beach, ME. How close would that be.

Brosky
06-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Whoa...........

That is one big file. I see your point.

I just wanted to make you aware of it, but you're way ahead of me.

PeterK
06-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Peter; Very sweet TR, so glad to hear Cathy is well. Speaking of you better half, will she be traveling this summer to see her father, please let me know I'll let her take her dad out for a drive. Next year my sister wants us to come and see her at the summer cottage at Head Beach, ME. How close would that be.

Close enough. Keep in touch and we'll get together. We have some good events here. Cathy will be there in the fall. I'll let you know ahead of time. Thanks! PK

PeterK
06-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Paul,

I really can't see the benefit of shooting RAW unless I print 16x20s. Usually I shoot JPG @ 1.8MB for a 8MP image.

I try to get the web shots below 20K but this one was special (for my wife)! Thanks for the tip!