PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Pivot Pin

Spit_Newbie
06-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Hello all, I am having a little trouble installing my new clutch pivot pin and sleeve. Ive heard of people using a bolt and nut rather than the pin itself. Is this an option or should i just suck it up and pull the "trany" and properly install the pin? Also, if the option of using a bolt is suggested, do i still need to use the sleeve? "Newbie"

70herald
06-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Hello all, I am having a little trouble installing my new clutch pivot pin and sleeve. Ive heard of people using a bolt and nut rather than the pin itself.

I wouldn't, the bolt will cause lots of extra wear on the clutch release arm pivots.

should i just suck it up and pull the "trany" and properly install the pin?
"Newbie"

You are trying to put this in with the trans in place????? The sleeve is larger than the bushings on the bell housing so I am a bit lost as to how you are planing on getting it in. Anyway, the actuator arm has probably moved a bit and you wont be able to get it back in.
Put a jack under the engine, and pull the trans. It is not that terribly heavy. Also when you put the pin it, I would put a drop of loctite into the sleeve to further secure it.

Spit_Newbie
06-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Thanks a bunch. I was just hoping for a quick fix. No bueno.
"Spitnewbie"

70herald
06-18-2007, 12:13 PM
I was just hoping for a quick fix.
"Spitnewbie"

The biggest problem with these cars is that they can tolerate allot of quick fixes. but at some point, when there are to many quick fixes, the car rebels and then nothing works anymore

Brosky
06-18-2007, 09:15 PM
If you have any doubts about what was just posted, just look at any of Dale's (Tinster) posts to confirm that theory.