PDA

View Full Version : Water Blade

healeygal
05-21-2002, 09:46 PM
I was wondering if anyone uses/has an opinion of the California Water Blade, a product sold by the California Car Cover Company, a mail order company that also sells the California Car Duster (gee, must be a California company!!)? The product is described as a 3 x 10 strip of "medical-grade silicone," with a handle, which removes "90% of standing water on any surface without scratching or streaking" and "produces 15-times less friction than a terry-cloth towel, and won't retain materials that can scratch." My sister uses one on her Honda and it seems to work really well and quickly, but even tho' my Healey's paint job is pretty old, I'm kind of hesitant to use it.

Basil
05-21-2002, 09:56 PM
Yes, I use one and love it! The only cautions are, make sure as you use it, you wipe the blade with a clean rag every few strokes...only use it to remove rinse water from a freshly wahed car - do NOT use it to remove rain water!

It works really well and does'nt leave water spots

Basil

aerog
05-21-2002, 10:01 PM
Ditto to Basil's comments. I have several - I prefer to let the car air-dry (if you want a thread about how to do it without getting spots I'd be glad to images/icons/smile.gif I've got a method that's been working great for me without blowers).

I have to contend with heavy condensation on my car nearly every day - I thought scraping ice in the winter was a problem, I'd trade a few months of that for the dew/condensation I put up with any day... anyhow, my windows are as good as opaque every morning and I use the water-blade to clear them off. Works great, leaves no spots, etc.

FYI - California Waterblades have been available recently from Sam's Wholesale club for $12.97 a pop. https://www.samsclub.com will mail-order for you too.

[ 05-21-2002: Message edited by: aerog ]</p>

H_Roark
06-03-2002, 05:48 PM
I have something similar. It's a hand held squegee(sp?) with a silicone blade. It's very effective, especially on glass. As with any product, avoid using too much pressure.