PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A I want to change my Tr3A steering wheel...

CaptRoy
06-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Since I put rack and pinion steering on the car I have had the desire to change to a smaller diameter steering wheel...British Restorations says I should have a non adjustable shaft with a 14" wheel. My present wheel is an adjustable and it is back in my lap...4.5" from the windshield. I can't get any adjustment out of the cloumn as it is frozen and I really want to rebuild it.

I bought a non adjustable shaft and I'm ready to change it out with a 14" wheel... I want wood and don't need the horn or turn signals as I have already re-routed them...

Moss offers two... a Moto-Lita ($369.00) and Tourist Trophy ($219)...

Has anyone tried these and is it worth the $150.00 bump up to Moto-Lita?

Thanks guys,

PeterK
06-11-2007, 10:10 PM
One note : If you are autocrossing the car, more than 1" change will put you out of the stock class.

I have a Moto-Lita on my 4A and the quality is really nice.

Andrew Mace
06-11-2007, 10:21 PM
One note : If you are autocrossing the car, more than 1" change will put you out of the stock class....True, but I suspect the conversion to rack-and-pinion steering would've already taken the car out of stock class. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Russ Austin
06-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Roy; I have a moto-lita 14" wheel as I to have rack and pinion installed. I did route my horn thru the moto-lita wheel. I used spring coiled wiring, like those used on some racing wheels. It works great, for a couple of years the horn was located to the left of the wheel on the dash. I find to horn on the wheel a much better way to go!

eschneider
06-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Moss offers two... a Moto-Lita ($369.00) and Tourist Trophy ($219)... Has anyone tried these and is it worth the $150.00 bump up to Moto-Lita?

I sell both. There are some small differences, mostly in the grip. Actually, I think the TT is a little more comfortable (a little thicker rim). Biggest advantages to Moto-Lita is bragging rights.

I would also encourage you to look at LeCarra - just for more options. They use the same hub adapters as Moto-Lita.

martx-5
06-12-2007, 06:11 AM
Roy; I have a moto-lita 14" wheel as I to have rack and pinion installed. I did route my horn thru the moto-lita wheel. I used spring coiled wiring, like those used on some racing wheels. It works great, for a couple of years the horn was located to the left of the wheel on the dash. I find to horn on the wheel a much better way to go!

I'd like to do something similar, as I have the R&P in my TR3. Do you have any pictures?? Can you tell us exactly how you did this?? Are you using the original trafficator??

YankeeTR
06-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Here's all the info you need on Moto-Lita.

They are a good product. Remember the old saying..."You'll never be sorry that you bought the best".

https://www.moto-lita.com/default.aspx