PDA

View Full Version : TS31073L

habaneronut
06-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I've been trying to track the history of this car since I bought it a year ago, with no succes. Now someone suggested that I should post a query here, don't know why I never thought of that. It is signal red and black interior, a 58 3A with a 66 4A engine, supposedly restored in SoCal around 2000. If anyone knows anything about it, I'd sure like to hear from you.

Fred

Don Elliott
06-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Check out the So. Cal. clubs and ask the persons in charge of registrations.

https://personal.linkline.com/koblinger/trsc/

Heidi van den Akker is in charge of registrations at TRSC and has been doing this for about 6 - 8 years.

Heidivan AT msn DOT com

Paulette Caudill is in charge of memberships at SCTOA. She has been a member for 20 years.

paulettecaudill AT msn DOT com

If you send an e-mail message, say hello to both from me. Good luck.

Don Elliott, Original Owner, 1958 TR3A

Bob_Muzio
06-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Jon Korbin (jhktr3a@pacbell.net) is the vehicle registrar for the Vintage Triumph Register.
Bob

habaneronut
06-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks, guys. I checked with TRSC some time ago, no luck - you forgot about helping with that one, huh Bob. I thought I had checked SCTOA also, but can't find any record, so maybe better try that, and VTR and TRA. Somebody has to remember this car. How long would CA Public Safety keep a record, do you know? Would they tell me who a previous owner was?

Fred

TR3driver
06-11-2007, 03:43 PM
How long would CA Public Safety keep a record, do you know? Would they tell me who a previous owner was?

Assuming it's no longer in California, they purge the records after just a few years. I'm not sure of the exact number offhand, but no more than 5 or so. Otherwise, they would tell you, for a fee, but you must pay the fee first, before they tell you they have no record. The application form (which you can mail in, along with the fee) is available at :
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/inf/inf70.htm